What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
Bombshell

Wasn't aware of the true events that inspired the film, but I found it quite enjoyable, even though I think Fox News is a blight on humanity. Theron does a fantastic job not being Theron, and Lithgow's makeup is super realistic.

6/10

Soldato
Frozen 2. 6/10
I may need to watch it again just to get my head around everything.
Not as good as the first one but I should not have expected it to be.

Soldato
Avengement - 6½ / 10

British movie about a guy that escapes from prison and goes after those that turned him into a killer. Pretty good fights, reasonable story, if a little predictable.

The Magnificent Seven (2016) - 7½ / 10

I don't think I ever saw the original, and having just watched the trailer for it, (I guess I will take some flack for this) but it's perhaps best I haven't?! Pretty good movie with some decent action and reasonable story.

Soldato
The platform on Netflix

8/10

a strong story showing how and why capitalism isn’t good for those at the bottom, shown in a horror thriller format.

I watched that last night - was good stuff and probably a 7/10 for me. There were some shocking moments and quite an obvious message - although it didn't detract because of that - and some Cube vibes. One scene in particular had be feeling quite uneasy!

Soldato
6 Underground on Netflix

Cheesy, jokey, big explosions, mad shooter film. Typical Michael Bay. Don't worry about the plot, just go with it.

Nothing wrong with it - switch your brain off midweek action movie. 7/10

Soldato
I watched that last night - was good stuff and probably a 7/10 for me. There were some shocking moments and quite an obvious message - although it didn't detract because of that - and some Cube vibes. One scene in particular had be feeling quite uneasy!

Yes it was a brutal brutal film, however I think they did that to portray reality for the several billion people on the planet that capitalism doesn't work for, there life really is, life, death, kill, be killed or starve.

A clever film in this way to be honest, I already disliked capitalism, and therefore I guess I will strongly agree with its message.

Associate
Master Z: The Ip Man Legacy (2018) - 7/10

Very dramatic and action packed with elaborate set pieces and destructive fight scenes.

The story is good, if a bit predictable but tries to fit too much in and as such doesn’t get into any depth on the subject matters.

It’s quite different to the other Ip Man films in style and content, feeling a lot more Western including the convenient and cheesy happy ending.

The acting is good, although the characters are a bit cliché, but overall, it’s an entertaining and enjoyable martial arts film.

Caporegime
Rise of Skywalker...

utter rubbish...had to watch it in two halves as the editing to bolt together hammy performances by Ray or whatever her names is just done my head in...

0/10

Nothing about this movie was good...nothing...

Soldato
Rise of Skywalker...

utter rubbish...had to watch it in two halves as the editing to bolt together hammy performances by Ray or whatever her names is just done my head in...

0/10

There was one thing good about it, it’s better that The Last Jedi but that’s like saying Coronavirus is better than Ebola.

Soldato
Rise of Skywalker...

0/10

It's probably worth a few points for the pretty visuals. But story, script and characterization are truly dire. That said, it's probably still better than the previous one.

This is everything that is wrong with films today.

Back
Top Bottom