The Indoor Riding/ Zwift/ TrainerRoad etc. Thread

Soldato
Finished my first Zwift race tonight (I tried one a couple of years ago and gave up halfway through). Came 5th in a C category KISS race. I'd had a pretty crap day at work (from home, obvs) and really took it out on my legs tonight. I can see the appeal of Zwift racing now I think. This race was on the back of a week cycling in Mallorca and then a recovery week on TrainerRoad.

Hopefully the latest Covid measures won't prevent my Suito from being delivered next week :(

dod

dod

Soldato
don't suppose anyone has a spare power supply for an elite direto I could purchase from them? I'm stuck away from home during this lockdown, took the trainer but forgot the psu :(
Edit:nevermind, got one online, see if it gets delivered.

Last edited:
Soldato
If anyone is looking for some turbo variety, Sufferfest are now offering a month free to new users:

To make sure everyone can benefit from these plans, we're offering new users a free month in addition to the standard 14-day trial, so you can get oriented in the app and complete a 4-week plan for free. Just use promo code ALLINSUFPLAN when you create your subscription.

Soldato
but, does anywhere have the Elite Suito in stock?

They're out everywhere. I've looked high and low for one and eventually preordered one from Tredz as they're getting stock in on 30/04. Seems like a lot of places are getting a delivery that day so I'm guessing there won't be any fresh ones leaving the Elite factory until then. Especially with Italy on lockdown

Associate
Cycle Republic claim they have stock of the Suito, but there's no buy button on their website and all their stores are closed (atm - but they might open if cycling shops are now able to?!?).

the only "decent" smart trainers I can find available is the Wahoo Kicker and Saris H3 - both over £800, which is a little rich in the present climate. I've like one with a cassette already installed, as I don't have a chain-whip at home, so the Kicker appeals and I'd probably normally just say screw it and go for that, but with me being dropped to furlough next week, I'm not sure its wise to spend that much atm (especially if I can find a Suito for 300 less)

Caporegime
Cycle Republic claim they have stock of the Suito, but there's no buy button on their website and all their stores are closed (atm - but they might open if cycling shops are now able to?!?).

the only "decent" smart trainers I can find available is the Wahoo Kicker and Saris H3 - both over £800, which is a little rich in the present climate. I've like one with a cassette already installed, as I don't have a chain-whip at home, so the Kicker appeals and I'd probably normally just say screw it and go for that, but with me being dropped to furlough next week, I'm not sure its wise to spend that much atm (especially if I can find a Suito for 300 less)
Try your local bike shops. Mine had stock. I paid online and he came out and dumped it in my boot.

I got the tacx flow s, I wanted the suito. But realistically its fine and I doubt I'd notice the difference really.

Soldato
Halfords are closing cycle republic and focusing on Halfords and Tredz for an online presence.

Madison who supply Elite have no stock of any smart trainers at the moment. There must have been crazy demand due to COVID 19.

I was going to order a Suito to see me through tmit but meh.

Soldato
My old man got his Flux 2 going. Had a few iMac Bluetooth issues, it wouldn’t see the trainer (fine using an iPad) but I think he’s all sorted now.

He won’t use it so much unless he gets quarantined, but be good for winter as he has bad circulation and his hands suffer.

Associate
Stock is disappearing v quickly... I wonder why?!? yesterday Wahoo had stock of reconditioned Kickrs https://uk.wahoofitness.com/devices/bike-trainers/wahoo-kickr-powertrainer-reconditioned but they're now gone... So, as that option has gone, I saw a £40 discount code for Tredz and pre-ordered a Suito, even though it's going to be a while before it arrives. Guess I should set up my dumb trainer...

I also saw this topic about good fans: https://www.trainerroad.com/forum/t...lasko-fan-check-this-out-thanks-to-hugo1/9554
and the UK plug option was in stock, but then seemed to sell out while I was on the page...

crazy demand for things atm...

Soldato
I did a Zwift race tonight, results are odd though with the timings at the finish. Tour of Zwift stage 3, so the sand and sequias course.

I finished in the main bunch, but on the ZP results I am 47 seconds down (along with 2-3 others but there was nobody else over the line with me) with the majority of the bunch (10 riders or so) at 30 seconds three riders at 0 but I am 99% certain nobody got away.

All I can think of is when we went over the finish it changed one of the time check points which sometimes alter the splits between riders, I don’t see how this should affect the result timings.

Soldato
Stock is disappearing v quickly... I wonder why?!? yesterday Wahoo had stock of reconditioned Kickrs https://uk.wahoofitness.com/devices/bike-trainers/wahoo-kickr-powertrainer-reconditioned but they're now gone... So, as that option has gone, I saw a £40 discount code for Tredz and pre-ordered a Suito, even though it's going to be a while before it arrives. Guess I should set up my dumb trainer...

I also saw this topic about good fans: https://www.trainerroad.com/forum/t...lasko-fan-check-this-out-thanks-to-hugo1/9554
and the UK plug option was in stock, but then seemed to sell out while I was on the page...

crazy demand for things atm...

How much were Wahoo charging? The £849.99 that it suggests? Just 2.5 weeks ago those were £500.

Associate
wow - yeah, it was £850.

I got an email from Wiggle this morning about indoor training and checked their stock, they claimed to have stock of the Elite Suito, but 10mins later they were out.

Associate
Does anyone have any views on using a Concept2 Bike-Erg with Zwift? It's my understanding that it's compatible with the exception of not automatically changing the resistance level (for example when going uphill) and this needs to be done manually on the fly.

I am not a cyclist (have no bike or gear presently), but i have been toying with the idea of getting a stationary bike to use with zwift for probably over a year now. I'm not sure i can stretch to a Wattbike Atom, so i have been considering the concept2. I'm just not sure if it's entirely suitable for this purpose.

Caporegime
Okay I'm going to be buying a Wahoo KICKR CORE. I need a hybrid bike. Usage will be 100% inside for the next year most likely then I'll be going outside say once in a blue moon. So mainly indoor only but I'd like the option to use it outside but chances are I won't use it regularly outside but I will here and there.

I have a voucher to get money off a bike from https://www.cyclesolutions.co.uk/

It has to be from that shop I'm afraid. What's the cheapest hybrid which will suit my usage and have a decent groupset / gearing for zwift? Someone tole me Shimano 105 Groupset 11 speed but that means nothing to me. I see a lot of people are using 11 speed on ZWIFT.

• Rear Wheel Size: 24" RD / 24" MTB / 650c RD / 26" MTB / 700c RD / 650b MTB / 29" MTB
  • Hub Types: 130/135mm QR, 12x142, and 12x148 Thru Axle
  • Adapters: Included
  • Drivetrain: Cassette not included.
    • Requires Purchase/Installation of New Cassette: 8/9/10/11 Speed SRAM/Shimano

Looks like it needs to be compatible with the above.

Anyway whats the cheapest hybrid that will be decent for using on zwift available from that shop. I've been told gearing will be the most important part of the spec, weight won't matter for indoor use to material can be anything, the cheaper, heavier and stronger the frame the better.

i've been told V brakes would suit my usage better than discs. because less maintenance and easier/cheaper to replace/repair.

I have a budget up to say £1200 for the bike but the cheaper the better looking for ultimate value for money. the one my mate has recommended is around the £899 mark.

Soldato
Looking for some recommendations guys, as to which turbo trainers are most highly regarded these days.

To follow this up - I ended up purchasing the full fat Kickr and couldn't be happier, my legs however aren't thanking me right now!!

The next thing I need to do is purchase a decent system to Zwift on, I'm currently running it on my laptop and am getting the below results on Zwiftalizer

gEQeZh1.jpg

I want to get a desktop system, with a 27" monitor and use that instead - what specs would you recommend for 1440p on ultra settings? This will be my only "gaming" so don't require a monster spec as far as I know!

Associate
When I ordered a Elite Suito from tredz they advertised the stock should be due 30th April, but I've just checked it tonight and it's now 1st July!!! Grrr... I was happy to wait a few weeks with my dumb wheel-on trainer, but July could (hopefully) be the end of the lockdown... At least the money only goes out when it's dispatched, so I can cancel anytime if I stumble upon one sooner.

Back
Top Bottom