• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
For those 5700XT owners who are experiencing crashing and PC reboots consistently and receiving 'VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE' BSOD messsages, i've found this issue was created from the Catalyst drivers released from February onwards.

After many tweaks of various settings etc. to try to resolve this, I've had to revert back to the Catalyst drivers released in January 2020 and that has resolved all the crashing issues. It seems as though the drivers released from February 2020 onwards seem to have major issues with the 5700XT card, at least mine

Associate
For those 5700XT owners who are experiencing crashing and PC reboots consistently and receiving 'VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE' BSOD messsages, i've found this issue was created from the Catalyst drivers released from February onwards.

After many tweaks of various settings etc. to try to resolve this, I've had to revert back to the Catalyst drivers released in January 2020 and that has resolved all the crashing issues. It seems as though the drivers released from February 2020 onwards seem to have major issues with the 5700XT card, at least mine

Both my reference XT and 5700 are doing fine using 2022. Thinking about 2023 soon. No DDU. Just install over the old driver.

Associate
Just bagged a Alphacool Eisblock GPX for my 5700 XT AE. Hoping that this block will fit, as its for reference design which i assume the AE version is?

Cost £29.... pretty sure the retailer has it priced up wrong so i would go buy one if i was you while you can, pretty sure they are meant to be £100+

Caporegime
Just bagged a Alphacool Eisblock GPX for my 5700 XT AE. Hoping that this block will fit, as its for reference design which i assume the AE version is?

Cost £29.... pretty sure the retailer has it priced up wrong so i would go buy one if i was you while you can, pretty sure they are meant to be £100+
At default GPU tuning settings what is your stock gpu clock as displayed in Radeon Software?

Associate
Hi guys was trying to overclock my gigabyte 5700 xt, but msi afterburner doesn't allow me to go above 2100 core and 1900 memory, everything i put above that, when i confirm it goes back to this value, also, during gaming even if its set 2150 core, it only goes up to 1980mhz ? Am I doing something wrong?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Hi guys was trying to overclock my gigabyte 5700 xt, but msi afterburner doesn't allow me to go above 2100 core and 1900 memory, everything i put above that, when i confirm it goes back to this value, also, during gaming even if its set 2150 core, it only goes up to 1980mhz ? Am I doing something wrong?
  • Have you tried the Radeon software to over clock? I’d keep an eye on junction temps running at stock power draw. Under water I saw junction over 100c.

currently running 2010Mhz with 1060mV.

Some data from gaming https://m.imgur.com/ksTe7wz

It’s normal for it to be 50Mhz below whah you set btw.

Associate
  • Have you tried the Radeon software to over clock? I’d keep an eye on junction temps running at stock power draw. Under water I saw junction over 100c.
currently running 2010Mhz with 1060mV.

Some data from gaming https://m.imgur.com/ksTe7wz

It’s normal for it to be 50Mhz below whah you set btw.

no I haven't tried it, will try later, usually I only use MSI Afterburner, first time having an AMD card in years. it's not just 50mhz tho? I set 2150mhz and it only goes up to 1980mhz in game which is 170mhz less?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
no I haven't tried it, will try later, usually I only use MSI Afterburner, first time having an AMD card in years. it's not just 50mhz tho? I set 2150mhz and it only goes up to 1980mhz in game which is 170mhz less?

If you've left it at the stock 1.2 volts then it will likely be throttling. Run GPU-Z or HwInfo64 and get hot spot temp.

See above, I'm holding a 2097 boost at 1.15v.

Back
Top Bottom