Doom Eternal

Caporegime
I think I've seen the monsters attack each other, unless, of course, that was a scripted moment. Thought I'd seen it during intense battle, though.

Soldato
I think I've seen the monsters attack each other, unless, of course, that was a scripted moment. Thought I'd seen it during intense battle, though.

But in Doom you could have dozens of monsters all fighting each other; in Enternal it seems you just have the odd few. And there are far fewer monsters.

Soldato
E3M8 and E2M9 were the classic ones. The latter had you start off surrounded by 7 Barons of Hell. The trick was to activate them all then draw them into battle with the Cacodemons behind the door. Then you could go around and scoop up the loot and kill the survivors.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Just started this last night on hardest difficulty, had to knock difficulty down a bit after so long I was getting annihilated. Is it me or is the mouse movement a bit weird?

Anyone got any recommended settings? I turned motion blur off straight away. I'm set to Ultra on a 6700k and GTX 1070 @ 1440P (static res scaling) and it runs well (not monitoring frames). I think I might be able to get more out of it. I had crashes when loading at first however changing from fullscreen to borderless window fixed that. Is there a performance hit for doing that?

Caporegime
Ended up requesting a refund, watched some vids on it last night and just wasn't fussy about it.

Similar thing happened with doom 2016, i got up to the doors outside the Cyberdemon pen, had to go out so quit out and never touched it again. Just think my interest in gaming is going down the toilet. :(

Associate
Just started this last night on hardest difficulty, had to knock difficulty down a bit after so long I was getting annihilated. Is it me or is the mouse movement a bit weird?

Anyone got any recommended settings? I turned motion blur off straight away. I'm set to Ultra on a 6700k and GTX 1070 @ 1440P (static res scaling) and it runs well (not monitoring frames). I think I might be able to get more out of it. I had crashes when loading at first however changing from fullscreen to borderless window fixed that. Is there a performance hit for doing that?

Mouse movement fixed for me when disabling motion blur AND triple v sync

Caporegime
Is thwere any way to play "normal" mutiplayer?? All I can see is 1 doom marine vs 2 deamons. I just want old school doom multiplayer. many marines in a deathmatch

Nope, that's what they went with.

They said nobody would be interested in old school deathmatch in the times of Fortnight and Apex Legends

ne0

ne0

Associate
Just started this, enjoying it so far! What are the best settings to use for 1080ti @ 1440p? Notice some dips down under 60fps at times when it gets busy.

honestly, that really surprises me. A 1080ti should run this game way above 60fps at that res, it's incredibly well optimised.

Soldato
honestly, that really surprises me. A 1080ti should run this game way above 60fps at that res, it's incredibly well optimised.
im running a GTX1080 at 1440p and frequently dip under 60fps at "Ultra" settings (no vsync no motion blur). And bear in mind "ultra" settings are essentially medium in this game (there are two further above). I dont think its that well optimised at all. I get double the FPS in Doom 2016 at max settings and both games look pretty much the same to me.

Last edited:

ne0

ne0

Associate
both games look pretty much the same to me.

o_O

Eternal is way more advanced graphically than 2016!

The new engine has been universally praised for its performance and optimisation, it should run like a dream on anything that's not a complete potato. It even runs on a base xbox one lol

Soldato
o_O

Eternal is way more advanced graphically than 2016!

The new engine has been universally praised for its performance and optimisation, it should run like a dream on anything that's not a complete potato. It even runs on a base xbox one lol
Well I have told you my spec and how it runs. Runs OK if you consider 60FPS at "medium" settings ok

GTX1080 and 3700x. Hardly a potato.

Back
Top Bottom