What PC games are you playing?

Associate
SWBF II.. the hours continue to rack up... Finally finished The Outer Worlds & going to make an effort to finish Red Dead 2. Also been playing Horace which despite a verrrry slow start is pretty good. No skiing yet though :D

Permabanned
VR:-
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Project Cars 2
No Man's Sky
Elite Dangerous
GTA V

Pancake:-
Terminator - Resistance
Sniper Elite 4
Kingdom Come Deliverance

Soldato
Mass Effect Andromeda. I can see why it was rather maligned, as it's not anywhere near the original trilogy in terms of atmosphere, narrative or character. An awful lot of the game feels like repetitive busy work, even the main quest line.

But... the combat is really good fun. I'm playing a charge vanguard build and zipping around the battlefield is frenetic and exhilarating. It still hasn't got old for me even 40-odd hours in.

I could live without having to solve another monolith sudoku puzzle or drive the Nomad to another fetch quest pick up point again, though.

It's serving as a nice distraction from the real world in the evening for an hour or so, I'll say that for it.

Associate
Metal Gear Solid 1
and now GTA Vice City
I was playing RDR2 for a while but like most recent games the journey from mission A to mission B gets too tedious so I went back in time.

Caporegime
Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Only meant to play for five minutes or so to see what it was like but have been hooked and playing for a couple of days now. Quite enjoying it. The combat is a bit iffy though, I can't handle more than 2 baddies at a time.

Permabanned
How's Competizione in VR these days? See my rig in sig. Would I be ok?

That rig is better than mine, for the moment. I am still on my I7 6700k 4.5Ghz overclock, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM, Rift S VR Headset. You'll be fine with that 5Ghz I7, and your RTX 2080 is much better than my 1080.
All those games run at max details, 1080p Monitor, or 2560×1440 80Hz on my Rift S - no super sampling. I run GTA V, Kindom Come Deliverance, Skyrim, all with gfx enb mods.
I have Assetto Corsa Competizione maxed out, looks good, but not as good as Project Cars 2 - that still looks amazing at times, in VR. One thing the Project Cars games have over any other driving game is that you can start a practice lap, and in VR and sat at your desk + wheel, bring up the menu and adjust your virtual seating position to match your real seating position - I can't see anything like this in Assetto.
At the weekend I will be finally building my Ryzen 9 3900x PC, so that should give me a CPU boost, at the most.

Associate
That rig is better than mine, for the moment. I am still on my I7 6700k 4.5Ghz overclock, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM, Rift S VR Headset. You'll be fine with that 5Ghz I7, and your RTX 2080 is much better than my 1080.
All those games run at max details, 1080p Monitor, or 2560×1440 80Hz on my Rift S - no super sampling. I run GTA V, Kindom Come Deliverance, Skyrim, all with gfx enb mods.
I have Assetto Corsa Competizione maxed out, looks good, but not as good as Project Cars 2 - that still looks amazing at times, in VR. One thing the Project Cars games have over any other driving game is that you can start a practice lap, and in VR and sat at your desk + wheel, bring up the menu and adjust your virtual seating position to match your real seating position - I can't see anything like this in Assetto.
At the weekend I will be finally building my Ryzen 9 3900x PC, so that should give me a CPU boost, at the most.
Thanks. I was mainly asking because I have not played ACC for like a year. Basically tried it when it came out and haven't touched it since. I've read it had some performance issues in VR though so was curious to see how it performs these days.

I like pCARS2 because I love to just select any random car, whether it's a road car, sports car, super car, racing car, open wheeler... and just select a random circuit and go for it, day or night. But I mainly play iRacing and AC. What you describe sounds like centering your view in VR. Get in the car, get in your seat, in your prefered position and reset the view to that. Every sim I've played has that, I'm sure ACC has it too.

Grats on the new rig.

Soldato
The CPU will boost you the most in Competizone. The day it got good was when they optimized the CPU around 1.07 I think. I can run a full field of AI, have no problem on 28 player stacked multiplayer on a 9700k/2080ti on the Epic VR pre-set.

'adjust your virtual seating position to match your real seating position - I can't see anything like this in Assetto'

You can do it from the pause menu when sitting in any different car.

As much as ACC calls to me, currently HL Alex is blowing me away. Too many games, DR 2.0 deserves some attention, Saints and Sinners is something I'm missing out on, and I've just mod'd up Skyrim VR.. another rabbit hole.

Soldato
Found a sealed copy of Call of Duty Infinite Warfare so was pretty excited to blast through the singleplayer campaign.

Not quite sure it's happening though, at first crashed on launch. Verified files on Steam and apparently some missing.

Launched again, this time got to the menu and it crashed before the first cut scene. Verified files, apparently more files missing.

This time see the first cut scene and then it crashes to desktop while loading the game, no files missing or error codes.

Would have thought they would patch lost of the bugs by now on a 2016 game? No issues with any other games.

EDIT: After digging around forums, tried a bunch of fixes and something seems to have worked so far, pretty shocking for a 2016 game to be this buggy in 2020.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom