Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Associate
Shell is up %40 since Monday....

I've closed my positions taking small profits here and there on the assumption that the market is going to drop when the US realises that it can't just throw money at the situation and carry on mostly unaffected.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Lots of those that gained big yesterday (Gaming) are still up on the day again so far, but losing those gains slowly. I can see some people getting BADLY burned before the week is up.

Associate
Oh it’s definitely going to come crashing down

The other thing that could be helping prices go up along with the US is it’s getting towards the end of the tax year so maybe people are making use of their allowance

just a hunch I got burned the other week

Soldato
Nothing makes sense.

Halfords up 28%. Why?

Hollywood Bowl up 15%. Why? Surely they are all closed?

Aston Martin up 17%? Is everyone rushing out to buy one to social distance in?

Cineworld up another 13% after shooting up all week. Again, they are shut and we're on the brink of going under before COVID-19. Is it because closing is actually better for them financially?

:confused:

Associate
Nothing makes sense.

Halfords up 28%. Why?

Hollywood Bowl up 15%. Why? Surely they are all closed?

Aston Martin up 17%? Is everyone rushing out to buy one to social distance in?

Cineworld up another 13% after shooting up all week. Again, they are shut and we're on the brink of going under before COVID-19. Is it because closing is actually better for them financially?

:confused:

maybe it’s because people might rush out to bowl and watch films

Soldato
It might be because their business decisions suggest they will survive this shutdown; people have more confidence in the business model and BoD. It’s now perceived as worth more. Also, markets are forward looking; they know Q1 and Q2 are likely to be bad, but Q3 might be a boom for those businesses mentioned, hence the rise.

Soldato
It might be because their business decisions suggest they will survive this shutdown; people have more confidence in the business model and BoD. It’s now perceived as worth more. Also, markets are forward looking; they know Q1 and Q2 are likely to be bad, but Q3 might be a boom for those businesses mentioned, hence the rise.

And if it goes to Q1 2021 like scientists have said is likely ? Also how are the 30%+ unemployed going to be spending money they don't have on the economy ?

Soldato
Seems like a solid bit of DD there, get your shorts on! Retire by Xmas! I provided a reasonable argument as to why the market isn’t behaving as predictably as some might expect. You could be right too. I would be completely surprised if this runs on to 2021; why would it when the best minds in the world are on the case? I know, I know - ‘ethical’ approval of a treatment. It’s amazing how ethics take a back seat some times.

Trump has basically said screw the old people, let’s get back to work. Shows where the priorities are, I guess.

Caporegime
Sold my NVDA for 20% profit, less than half of what it would have been pre-crisis but hey, better than nothing. Also added some more cash to my trading account so now I'm just going to sit tight and wait for the next slump...

Associate
I’d have thought these bounces are to be expected with the rumour then news of massive stimulus coming. Markets love to retrace following a drop.

Well done to those who turned profits on the bounce though - it takes some guts to play when there’s still a long, long way to go down!

Back
Top Bottom