Clothing Labels

Soldato
Back when I were a lad, I'd buy an item of clothing, put it on and all would be good and comfortable as long as I checked to make sure it wasn't itchy wool material.

Now, every garment including undercrackers comes fitted with a massive, massive label and nine times out of ten it's sewn into the seam in such a way that it scratches uncomfortably against the skin unless you wear something underneath. Nor can you easily remove these labels without making a hole in the garment itself.

It is annoying and I do not like it. How has the world of clothing come to this?

Soldato
Back when I were a lad, I'd buy an item of clothing, put it on and all would be good and comfortable as long as I checked to make sure it wasn't itchy wool material.

Now, every garment including undercrackers comes fitted with a massive, massive label and nine times out of ten it's sewn into the seam in such a way that it scratches uncomfortably against the skin unless you wear something underneath. Nor can you easily remove these labels without making a hole in the garment itself.

It is annoying and I do not like it. How has the world of clothing come to this?

Because idiots try to sue manufacturers for the fact that they shrunk their wool socks in a 90°C wash. Additionally, manufacturers sell their wares in umpteen different countries and only want to pay for one warning label.

Ergo, an FOGB garment care label in a dozen languages sewn into everything.

Soldato
Swiss Army knife out, unpick the stitching, remove label entirely... and if the garment was cheaply fabricated with shortcuts, just run a quick patch thread on the resulting hole.
6 minutes at most, job's a good 'un.

Back
Top Bottom