Project Whurple - White/Purple Watercooled Build - Changes to 3d printer build!!

Associate
Dude, that cooler looks so happy!! I heard Nanya A-Die overclocks pretty well.

I didn't notice the white LED's either! Nice subtle feature.

So is your Mrs cool with the level of illumination going on with her rig?? :D

Man of Honour
OP
Dude, that cooler looks so happy!! I heard Nanya A-Die overclocks pretty well.

I didn't notice the white LED's either! Nice subtle feature.

So is your Mrs cool with the level of illumination going on with her rig?? :D

I don't think she got much of a say in any of this at all tbh. But she did start massively jumping onboard these last few days as more stuff is coming and her space for working is starting to become a reality. Tbh I just decided I'm doing it a few weeks ago and it's gone from there. I knew I had a while before I could afford everything but had no idea this would all get so bad so really it was a lucky call. Right now she is working on one of my laptops which tbh is more than man enough for the job but she needs better to work effectively. So a mini version of my setup.

Also literally all the setup will likely ever do is run word/zoom/jabba and vmware horizon client. :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
When you ask for white and everything is black... white fittings though...

Also 75 notes and no import fees.. look at all this stuff!!!

Associate
When you ask for white and everything is black... white fittings though...

Also 75 notes and no import fees.. look at all this stuff!!!

The mother lode has arrived! There's not that much black there right? Looks like a steal though! Now the real fun begins, just in time for the weekend too!!! Happy days.

Man of Honour
OP
That's going to be one epic build for the cost! You certainly done your shopping and proves that you can save money if you shop around.

I have no idea how it all fits together!!! I think there is some way to attach the pump to a res or something... I dunno more toys just arrived!! 2x Model O's and a 34" curved panel... All I am waiting on is a desk!

Man of Honour
OP
You ordered something that you don't know how it fits together? Nice one! lol

I didn't even know what I was getting. I was just told it will be a full watercooling setup for the cpu. I mean we tried to communicate but it wasn't so easy. The fella doesn't really understand me so in the end I just sent him money and said just send me whatever, we spent 3 days trying to understand what I meant by white! Not really a standard shopping experience but it's £75 and that would just about buy me the block alone.

It also looks like the bykski controller will work with those other fans and it 'looks' like I may be able to manually set the levels for each R,G & B.

All part of the fun. Remote shopping with somebody that doesn't really speak your language or know what you are talking about. It's like a lottery, you might not get what you think you are getting.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Is this it then? Final parts?

Desk! Desk is coming as well. I am pretty sure there are probably some more packages on route. I had a pack of purple LED's and some other jazz coming for some mods. And coolant!! Don't have any of that yet! but do have distilled water.

Associate
Desk! Desk is coming as well. I am pretty sure there are probably some more packages on route. I had a pack of purple LED's and some other jazz coming for some mods. And coolant!! Don't have any of that yet! but do have distilled water.
Just popped in to say you're doing a great job, and I'm looking forward to seeing all that watercooling gear installed!

Man of Honour
OP
For those not really sure what is in the pic this is what is in the haul...

Quality actually seems very good. He says before he messes it all up.

Back
Top Bottom