Doom Eternal

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Just play on easy then you can ignore all the equipment and just one shot everything with a basic shotgun
Tried that you still need to be hitting enemy weak points etc. Maybe I just need to get good :p I'll give it another go, 2016 was challenging but I absolutely loved it, finding it very hard to get in to this. I did play a few hours of 2016 last night and the combat flow was so much better IMO. I'll give it another go tonight based on people saying it gets better later on once you adjust to the combat.

Soldato
And done!
dG4OKQs.jpg
Was sweating by the end of the final boss, overall great game.
Will admit that the Urdak platforming got a bit tedious.

Will have to try it again at a later date on an easier difficulty, reduce the stress a little.

Edit - SPOILERS! Sorry!

Caporegime
Tried that you still need to be hitting enemy weak points etc.

You don't

Every enemy can be killed without taking out their weak points. Even the pinky demon (though they take a lot of damage)

However, taking out the enemies as you are supposed to helps a lot for learning to use all the weapons. I use the shotgun grenade thing all the time on those spider things (arachnotron) and cacodemons and the skeletons with the rockets.

The game definitely gets easier the more you unlock though.

ne0

ne0

Associate
cacodemons

shotgun grenade launcher to the mouth + glory kill = dead.

These things do serious damage if not dealt with properly but they're actually very easy to kill if you do this.

Caporegime
I really struggled with the arachnatrons and cacodemons to begin with but now, they're not so bad. As said, the sooner you can do deal with the cacos the better.

Soldato
I put this on nightmare and am perhaps regretting my decision :D

Stuck on a certain point and just can't seem to keep up with the enemy spawn rate or run out of ammo.

ne0

ne0

Associate
I put this on nightmare and am perhaps regretting my decision :D

Stuck on a certain point and just can't seem to keep up with the enemy spawn rate or run out of ammo.

you nutter :D

I play it on Ultra Violence and that's plenty hard for me. You can't play casually at that level and some stages are tough to get through but I find it's a good balance overall. Nightmare would be too much for me though I think lol.

Associate
you nutter :D

I play it on Ultra Violence and that's plenty hard for me. You can't play casually at that level and some stages are tough to get through but I find it's a good balance overall. Nightmare would be too much for me though I think lol.

Same here! At first I thought I'd ***** up by choosing Ultra Violence but, after progressing/shaking off the rust, it seems to be the sweet spot (as it was in Doom 2016). It's nice to have Nightmare available though, always makes for an interesting/stressful second run through!

The Arch Vile though... eff me in the 'A', they are harder than the Marauders. :eek:

Soldato
omg there are so many difficult jumps its like a 1990 platform game... now further into the game they are putting several difficult jumps in a row.. just hating that bit... im stuck on ony jump now ive watched youtube how to do it but i dont seem able to make it i fall a few pixels short of the teleport boost every time...

Caporegime
Yeah, too much of that in it for me as well. I don't mind some now and again (it doesn't bother me to a great degree) but it's getting to the point where that element is a bit much now. The combat, though, nothing like it! :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom