Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Soldato
I'm annoyed by Amazon tricking me into a Prime trial by misleading use of buttons and screens when checking out. They are designed to trick you by being confusing as to where you click when you don't want a trial and are trying just to get to the checkout. You have to then go into the innards of the menus to cancel or find the "notify me three days before my trial runs out" (which is unchecked by default).

Also annoyed when I found Amazon had disabled the two factor authentication I had previously set up. I know it was there because the entry was still in the authenticator on my phone, but I had to set it up again in my account.

Associate
Got charged immediately for a monitor that was out of stock.
1 month later the Order was cancelled by Amazon.
Went on chat to ask why they charged me at time of ordering for a product they could not source. Tough.

What got me was that I asked twice how to raise a complaint, there was none. This is pretty basic stuff for companies i.e. a complaints process.

I now don't see Amazon CS in a positive light.

Soldato
Has anyone tried using Amazon lately?

Looks like anything I want is estimated to be delivered by 23 April, nearly a month away as most items are deemed 'non-essential' now. I'm paying monthly for Prime next day delivery and customer service is useless. Another company still happy to charge customers full price for a service they are now not providing. scummy companies all too happy to take people's money. I've cancelled as I now have zero use if items are estimated to take that long.

Soldato
Has anyone tried using Amazon lately?

Looks like anything I want is estimated to be delivered by 23 April, nearly a month away as most items are deemed 'non-essential' now. I'm paying monthly for Prime next day delivery and customer service is useless. Another company still happy to charge customers full price for a service they are now not providing. scummy companies all too happy to take people's money. I've cancelled as I now have zero use if items are estimated to take that long.

If i hadnt paid for a years subscription already id be cancelling. A months delivery isnt okay. I can understand delays. Even just allow amazon day delivieres only once a week to cut down on runs for couriers etc.

Soldato
Maybe when this is all over they will offer a partial refund for the lost days of next day delivery, but honestly it will be a few quid at best so meh. More important to ensure everyone can get essentials than you your new keyboard at the moment right?

Soldato
It really does sadden me that people want refunds for services eg Amazon, Sky, Virgin etc.

Why wouldn't someone want a refund for services or goods not received? Not everyone can afford to give free money to the billion dollar corporations.

It isn't as though any of them caused all of this.

Kind of irrelevant if they are still doing business, but not delivering. The companies can probably afford it more than individuals.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why wouldn't someone want a refund for services or good not received? Not everyone can afford to give free money to the billion dollar corporations.

Kind of irrelevant if they are still doing business, but not delivering. The companies can probably afford it more than individuals.

This.

Associate
I placed an order last night, said estimated delivery 23rd April. Received a notification this morning that order was dispatched for delivery tomorrow :)

This happened to me as well. Expected delivery date was 21st April, and it was dispatched the day after I ordered it. I appreciate the circumstances that Amazon (and others) find themselves in at the moment. So, the benefit I get from the Prime service throughout the year is much greater than the 'cost' of poorer service during this pandemic.

Man of Honour
I think the reason some items are listed as having a far future date is that they are prioritising certain products over others during the current situation.

Unfortunately I just paid extra for something to be delivered today... no sign of it.

Soldato
Why wouldn't someone want a refund for services or goods not received?

Amazon Prime is not just for the delivery side, its all the streaming services, cloud storage etc, so you are only getting a degraded service in one tiny portion of your amazon prime membership so if a refund was warranted might be worth a pound or two

Kimbie

Back
Top Bottom