• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
This isn't true at all.

A window update can effect some computer configuration while other users can be problem free.

I am not saying his issue is a Windows issue :)

I'm flogging a dead horse here. As my post clearly stated, if a W10 caused black screen issues, we'd have millions of people reporting it. We don't, we just have the usual AMD drivers causing the issue. It's even recognised and documented in their latest driver release notes:

JsDZYH8.png

Source: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-3-1

2020 drivers from AMD are complete garbage. AMD going backwards driver wise, and causing further damage to the mindshare of the average consumer.

Associate
I'm flogging a dead horse here. As my post clearly stated, if a W10 caused black screen issues, we'd have millions of people reporting it. We don't, we just have the usual AMD drivers causing the issue. It's even recognised and documented in their latest driver release notes:

JsDZYH8.png

Source: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-3-1

2020 drivers from AMD are complete garbage. AMD going backwards driver wise, and causing further damage to the mindshare of the average consumer.

https://imgur.com/BhTdV6I

https://i.imgur.com/gt7XLga.jpg

Soldato

You can't compare NV to AMD drivers mate. There are thousands upon thousands of AMD black screen/crash/stuttering posts/threads, articles from independent sites etc.

Probably in the region of for every 100 black screen issues, 98 of them would be an AMD user vs 2 NVIDIA ones. This is why NV are so much more popular.

AMD have fantastic hardware, but absolutely abysmal driver software. This needs to change.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You can't compare NV to AMD drivers mate. There are thousands upon thousands of AMD black screen/crash/stuttering posts/threads, articles from independent sites etc.

Probably in the region of for every 100 black screen issues, 98 of them would be an AMD user vs 2 NVIDIA ones. This is why NV are so much more popular.

AMD have fantastic hardware, but absolutely abysmal driver software. This needs to change.
Bad idea man. The pitchforks will be coming out and chasing after you now. How dare you say it is an AMD problem when it is clearly a windows problem! :p

Associate

Got 2 navis and none of them suffer from Black screen. I don't even use DDU. Got more examples from nvidia.

But to summarize.

https://i.imgur.com/bMol2TW.jpg

Soldato
?

This is not a Microsoft issue. W10 is in use on over a billion devices. If an update caused black screens, it would be all over the news (especially now that concurrent w10 users is at an all time due to work from home etc).

You likely have an AMD black screen issue - they are still trying to fix their drivers to completely eliminate these, but don't hold your breath. If you want a quick fix, try using Intel onboard GPU or a dedicated NVIDIA card, the black screens will go away.

My vega 64 has been working flawlessly up until that windows update hit. I think it's reasonable to say that the update did something that messed up my system completely. When multiple driver versions that has worked without issues for me suddenly starts throwing black screens in my face at random after a windows update, I will most certainly blame the windows update.

Soldato
Bad idea man. The pitchforks will be coming out and chasing after you now. How dare you say it is an AMD problem when it is clearly a windows problem! :p

I know right! Painted a target on my back for saying it as it is! Truth be told I'm a pretty big AMD fanboy, here's my purchase history:

Radeon 7
Vega64 Liquid
RX480
390X
1800XT? Some X800 around this time period too
9800Pro

I prefer AMD card as I've used them for years, and like to support the underdog. For years their drivers improved, though the Adrenaline 2020 drivers are the biggest pile of crap AMD released for years. Should not have been released in that state.

AMD have a golden opportunity to inflict damage to NVIDIA, but will be for nothing unless they can consistently release stable drivers and hold back new cards until the drivers are polished.

Associate
jut updated amd drivers from 19.10.2 to 20.2.2 just installed over the top of last drivers smooth as silk but a have windows 10 updates blocked:p:o

Associate
Got 2 navis and none of them suffer from Black screen. I don't even use DDU. Got more examples from nvidia.
I know right! Painted a target on my back for saying it as it is! Truth be told I'm a pretty big AMD fanboy, here's my purchase history:

Radeon 7
Vega64 Liquid
RX480
390X
9800Pro

I prefer AMD card as I've used them for years, and like to support the underdog. For years their drivers improved, though the Adrenaline 2020 drivers are the biggest pile of crap AMD released for years. Should not have been released in that state.

AMD have a golden opportunity to inflict damage to NVIDIA, but will be for nothing unless they can consistently release stable drivers and hold back new cards until the drivers are polished.

I have a GTX 1060 and a couple of GTX 1050s. The latter are in the closet. The 1060 is still in driver 441 (what is it now - 445?). Last time i updated the driver my screen glitched so hard i thought my card has fallen to a planned obsolescence. Meanwhile all my radeon cards are in 20 drivers. No DDU needed. But my Win10 update is in pause. I normally update Windows first, then pause it before updating driver.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Radeon 7
Vega64 Liquid
RX480
390X
9800Pro

It’s mad. Some just cannot see past their fanboyism and take anything negative said about AMD personal and then reply with something like “yeah but look at Nvidia” etc. It’s like what does it have to do with Nvidia man!?!

I have mainly owned AMD cards myself, was a period that was nearly a decade where I had pretty much all AMD cards. They were great price for performance. I even defended the drivers from people that would baselessly say “but aren’t AMD drivers rubbish” when they were perfectly fine. But I will not defend this black screen issue and I know it is related to something on AMD’s end because they happen on newer drivers. Even if it is Windows that is screwing things up, it is up to AMD to find the problem and fix it so it does not happen!

To me it is simple, AMD dropped the ball with the drivers and screwed up the great record they had up until then which I felt had gone some way to repairing their “drivers are rubbish” image. Now they are back to square one again :(

There is a good chance now that I will get a defensive reply to this post :p

Associate
It’s mad. Some just cannot see past their fanboyism and take anything negative said about AMD personal and then reply with something like “yeah but look at Nvidia” etc. It’s like what does it have to do with Nvidia man!?!

I have mainly owned AMD cards myself, was a period that was nearly a decade where I had pretty much all AMD cards. They were great price for performance. I even defended the drivers from people that would baselessly say “but aren’t AMD drivers rubbish” when they were perfectly fine. But I will not defend this black screen issue and I know it is related to something on AMD’s end because they happen on newer drivers. Even if it is Windows that is screwing things up, it is up to AMD to find the problem and fix it so it does not happen!

To me it is simple, AMD dropped the ball with the drivers and screwed up the great record they had up until then which I felt had gone some way to repairing their “drivers are rubbish” image. Now they are back to square one again :(

If you read his eariier post he was peddling an nvidia hardware in an obvious amd thread.

Peddle this . . .

https://zapodaj.net/images/b5dadbcd87405.jpg

Don
If you read his eariier post he was peddling an nvidia hardware in an obvious amd thread. This is to everyone.

Peddle this . . .

https://zapodaj.net/images/b5dadbcd87405.jpg

give it a rest with the defence. There is obviously a serious issue with something that requires fixing. Next person who brings up NVidia will get a suspension as it is tedious. Stick to AMD driver issues, advice and news etc.

if you would like to discuss this more please post in the FCD section.

Soldato

Well the way you write that makes it pretty impossible to disagree with either you or dave does it not, unless that person wants to be labeled a fanboy or something similar? :) I mean if someone disagrees, then they are being defensive automatically and not rational, spite their evidence/claims.

The thing is, many actually agrees with the statement "AMD has dropped the ball" in regards to their drivers, however there are also a lot that recognize that AMD are not alone in this. ******* have similar issues, so perhaps there is also an underlying issue elsewhere outside the control of both AMD and ******* here(read:windows) contributing to the problem.

Now this next part is not aimed at you TNA but rather for everyone, as I personally find it in very bad taste to start using the "fanboy" argument as an argument at all. It's a desperation move that attempts to invalidate another persons opinion or proofs without supplying anything constructive to the conversation. I sincerely hope that we as a community of invested enthusiasts could limit this behavior as it does nothing good for the conversation.

EDIT: Quick ninja edit as i just saw Stanners post after submitting this comment.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well the way you write that makes it pretty impossible to disagree with either you or dave does it not, unless that person wants to be labeled a fanboy or something similar? :) I mean if someone disagrees, then they are being defensive automatically and not rational, spite their evidence/claims.

The thing is, many actually agrees with the statement "AMD has dropped the ball" in regards to their drivers, however there are also a lot that recognize that AMD are not alone in this. ******* have similar issues, so perhaps there is also an underlying issue elsewhere outside the control of both AMD and ******* here(read:windows) contributing to the problem.

Now this next part is not aimed at you TNA but rather for everyone, as I personally find it in very bad taste to start using the "fanboy" argument as an argument at all. It's a desperation move that attempts to invalidate another persons opinion or proofs without supplying anything constructive to the conversation. I sincerely hope that we as a community of invested enthusiasts could limit this behavior as it does nothing good for the conversation.

EDIT: Quick ninja edit as i just saw Stanners post after submitting this comment.
I get what you are saying mate. But end of the day it is AMD’s responsibility to make sure the cards work properly. If Windows does something that breaks it, then AMD must investigate what that is and communicate with them to resolve the issue no? They cannot hide behind “it is a Microsoft issue” etc. The same applies to Nvidia.

In this thread we are here as AMD card owners and want our cards to work properly. Constantly bringing up Nvidia does not help and just comes of as being defensive and I take no pleasure in using the term but it is fanboy like behaviour. That’s my take on it anyways :)

By the way, I can think of ways to reply back to my post without coming of as being defensive ;)

Soldato
I get what you are saying mate. But end of the day it is AMD’s responsibility to make sure the cards work properly. If Windows does something that breaks it, then AMD must investigate what that is and communicate with them to resolve the issue no? They cannot hide behind “it is a Microsoft issue” etc. The same applies to Nvidia.

In this thread we are here as AMD card owners and want our cards to work properly. Constantly bringing up Nvidia does not help and just comes of as being defensive and I take no pleasure in using the term but it is fanboy like behaviour. That’s my take on it anyways :)

By the way, I can think of ways to reply back to my post without coming of as being defensive ;)

Thing is though that AMD is not pointing their fingers at Microsoft, I am :). However I agree with you that its AMDs responsibility in the end to get it fixed, with or without microsoft. But to be fair, I've had it for the longest time with MS and I'm so sick of windows as an OS but that is a discussion for another thread.

Are there any unofficial forums or sites keeping track of these issues, with perhaps potential fixes? I rolled back to windows 10 enterprise LTSB version 1607 and so fare no issues but it's still to early to confirm anything.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

Now this next part is not aimed at you TNA but rather for everyone, as I personally find it in very bad taste to start using the "fanboy" argument as an argument at all.

Yup. Well highlighted. It creeps into other threads too and some try to antagonise you to suit the narrative. At least the dons are active.

It is an AMD issue in a broad sense. If you have experience of working with software, many things are affected by OS and driver level files which is why you have to acknowledge with Windows sneaky forced updates, it wont make the comparisons fair from one system to the next at all.

Ed- By the way what is this strange denial that some use that even though the same issues occur on an nvidia product that because there is higher volume when looking at AMD statistics that this somehow alleviates/excuses the problem from the other brand? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom