Holidays 2020

Don
I was in Thailand at the time so time difference worked but I often call Japan or US (US goes to India) , they are all very good and you get sorted quicker

Man of Honour
I was in Thailand at the time so time difference worked but I often call Japan or US (US goes to India) , they are all very good and you get sorted quicker
I've just tried the USA number (800 AIRWAYS) and it cuts me off before connecting to someone.

256k18.jpg

Ha! Good one :D My house isn't even as big as that. 5 x 4 metres downstairs and the same upstairs.

My main holiday plans have always been in October for the last 10 years. Things like the Nottingham Goose Fair, Alton Towers and a few other fairs and theme parks. If we can at least control the virus by August, then there is still hope for my October plans.

Next January I'm off to London West End to see a Disney play (Frozen). That's of course all shut at the moment, so again hoping that can still go ahead.

Don
I've just tried the USA number (800 AIRWAYS) and it cuts me off before connecting to someone.

not sure if same but US one I use is

1 800 247 9297

Japan ones I use

+81 332 985 209 - think this is exec club for reward flights

and

+81 332 985 238 - prob main number

Soldato
Got email notification from Expedia that the hotel in Milan I'm supposed to be staying at has closed till April 4th so far. But the way Italy is at the moment I can't see them sorting themselves out by the end of April. Suspect I should get a refund for hotel and flights along with the football tickets I've already pre-ordered.

Managed to apply for a refund on the hotel yesterday but it said it could take up to 30days to get back into my account. easyJet still just giving me the offer to change flights rather than cancel completely.

Man of Honour
I managed to get through to BA, not sure how as the call was answered straight away. The chap was super helpful, he explained because I upgraded the refund on the flight has to be done by hand and it's usually done in India or Cape Town, both offices have closed so it's all done between the UK and Germany and they've got thousands to process. Why this wasn't explained when they first told me a refund was coming or a message put online I don't know, but at least I know there's not been a mistake and it is coming.

Associate
Still undecided as to whether book some cheap flights now or not. I've got 2 weeks booked old work at the end of August but can't decide/know if I think it will all be over by then

I sure hope it is

Soldato
Spend a total of 2 hours/5 phone calls on hold/being cut off to BA trying to get a refund for flights they cancelled. No luck.

Why can't they just add a refund request to the manage my booking page?

Can I simply contact the CC company and get a charge back? Seems like it would be far easier.

Man of Honour
Spend a total of 2 hours/5 phone calls on hold/being cut off to BA trying to get a refund for flights they cancelled. No luck.

Can I simply contact the CC company and get a charge back? Seems like it would be far easier.

Have a look at these links.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/03/19/british-airways-refund-avios-booking/

https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/...line-avios-flight-refund-using-google-chrome/

Associate

Try the Avios links above. Works (well it did for me) even for non Avios bookings. I did it last Saturday and my refund was on my card on Monday.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I managed to get through to BA, not sure how as the call was answered straight away. The chap was super helpful, he explained because I upgraded the refund on the flight has to be done by hand and it's usually done in India or Cape Town, both offices have closed so it's all done between the UK and Germany and they've got thousands to process. Why this wasn't explained when they first told me a refund was coming or a message put online I don't know, but at least I know there's not been a mistake and it is coming.

Well it's now day 14 since they originally processed the refund and I've been told it takes up to 14 days. Looks like I will be trying to call them again from tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom