**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Associate
FSX had the Channel Islands and a company, Earth Simulations, did some very detailed island and airport scenery for them.

Soldato
Thanks guys :)

Checked both islands have an airport, sims very based off bing maps i think, so if bing maps looks good the sim should too, it's down to road level really, my street is on there but only say half the houses are depicted in-game, but its beta that could still change etc

I can VFR all around the area that I know though, it's awesome

Soldato
Checked both islands have an airport, sims very based off bing maps i think, so if bing maps looks good the sim should too, it's down to road level really, my street is on there but only say half the houses are depicted in-game, but its beta that could still change etc

I can VFR all around the area that I know though, it's awesome
Thanks again for looking into this :)

Associate
Channel Islands: Jersey (Largest), Guernsey, Alderney, Sark & Herm. Both Alderney and Guernsey had a very detailed version made by Earth Simulations (now gone, couldn't make a profit alas, they were in the process of doing Jersey but was never finished, about the same time I gave up on FSX). Both looked really well in FSX, hand made detail for 3d buildings objects. Check out a taste here

Soldato
really ? do you have the alpha ? because i though i read alpha users saying it doesn't have anywhere near the whole word yet.
Yes I have the alpha, where can people not go? It might be related to the quality of areas and the quality of bing maps, as I said, my road is there, but only 1/2 the houses, a hill near my house looks very flat in-game too. I've checked out area 51 and it's there for instance

Soldato
So let me get this right. I load up the game. Select, EMA (local to me) and decide to take off from there in my Cessna. I will see other MSFS players around that area AND real planes actually plying from and around that airport?

Soldato
So let me get this right. I load up the game. Select, EMA (local to me) and decide to take off from there in my Cessna. I will see other MSFS players around that area AND real planes actually plying from and around that airport?
Sounds that way from the description in the video
Yes, which has me also thinking that it could be a very nice looking flight tracker too lol :)

Back
Top Bottom