Contactless payments going up to £45

Soldato
Not really, PSD2 limits still apply.

There are some retailers where just card details will get you a product, e.g. the rainforest, but other then that Card fraud isn't the biggest concern right now. Cheque fraud on the other hand!

But they can get whatever they can from it, then just throw the card away. It's very low security and untraceable.

Soldato
But they can get whatever they can from it, then just throw the card away. It's very low security and untraceable.

For contactless, it's only to a max transaction value amount (£130) and/or # transaction limit (5) is reached - so total is low value and is deemed low risk because of it.

If you mean Amazon, say Amazon.

Will do from now on, thanks.

but certain banks like monzo require you to put your pin in after every £100 of contactless transactions.

They all do.

Soldato
Debit cards are also contactless. That IS your money.
I know, that's why I said credit cards ;) My debit card is used for withdrawing cash, nothing else. Not that I hardly ever need cash nowadays.

but certain banks like monzo require you to put your pin in after every £100 of contactless transactions.
They all do. EDIT: Beaten.

For contactless, it's only to a max transaction value amount (£130) and/or # transaction limit (5) is reached - so total is low value and is deemed low risk because of it.
This.

Back
Top Bottom