**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

maj

maj

Soldato
On MIUI 11 does anyone know where the option is to disable the "Add icon to Home Screen" option when an app is installed? I know I could use a launcher but trying my new phone with MIUI on it's own to see if I'm keeping it or not. Looked in Google Play store settings and 'Home' settings on the phone itself.

Soldato
Jeez, the price. Straight up there with the S20s, which are already doing badly because of viruses and high prices.

The era of madness is upon us!

Soldato
The lite is looking like the best of their lineup which is coming. The pro is way too much. Still tempted by the 9t when all this crap blows over, or the p30 pro if I can get a good deal

Soldato
K30 Pro looks a good value as it is but even better with those prices.

To be fair, I've been trying to find 9T Pro for around £300 mark but even eBay is pretty dry.

Associate
To be fair the mi 10 lite doesn't look bad but the other two are going to drive a lot of customers away with those prices. 500 isn't bad but it's shelling that out in one go I'd rather pay that on a 24 month contract.

Associate
To be fair the mi 10 lite doesn't look bad but the other two are going to drive a lot of customers away with those prices. 500 isn't bad but it's shelling that out in one go I'd rather pay that on a 24 month contract.

I will be getting the MI 10 lite and matching it up with my Sky mobile sim which can be 5G enabled for free. £10 a month for my sim and £350 ish for the phone, that will do me nicely.

Associate
On MIUI 11 does anyone know where the option is to disable the "Add icon to Home Screen" option when an app is installed? I know I could use a launcher but trying my new phone with MIUI on it's own to see if I'm keeping it or not. Looked in Google Play store settings and 'Home' settings on the phone itself.

You can't as there's no app drawer

maj

maj

Soldato
When your on the app drawer, top right hand corner will be three white lines. Click that and add new apps to homescreen on/off is there.

Thanks.

Thought that was the solution but having seen screenshots of the setting there were you said it was, it just isn't there for me. Just read an article that says you need MIUI 11 and alpha build 4.16 of the app drawer which you can download and install. Not sure what version I have but will give it a go when I get home.

Soldato
Xiaomi UK having a sale at the moment with various codes, can grab Mi Note 10 for £319 with code MFF50 (£50 off £300) or Mi Note 10 Pro for £379 with MFF80 (£80 off £400).

Just a shame Mi 9T Pro is out of stock, would have been tasty deal with £80 off.

Back
Top Bottom