• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official Vulkan API Thread***

Soldato
OP
A good thread to bump. SO in the last 2 years what has ahppened to Vulkan? Absolutely nothing.

I was right, Vulkan isn't going anywhere. It is a shame as a modern cross-platform API would interest me but the API is not actually what most developers want so openGL remains superme.

Ay?
Have you been under a rock?

They had been loads of releases of games patched and released with Vulkan.
Doom and wolfenstein being the biggest standouts.

If anything Vulkan has been a bigger hit than DirectX 12

Even building the way in the emulation world.

Caporegime
Exactly how many games have shipped with Vulkan vs DX12.
Hopw many mobile games are being released with Metal or OGL-ES.

I rest my case. Anecdotes != data

Soldato
OP
Exactly how many games have shipped with Vulkan vs DX12.
Hopw many mobile games are being released with Metal or OGL-ES.

I rest my case. Anecdotes != data

Defence force at its strongest here lol admit you are wrong.

I have proven you wrong with good quality video footage that Vulkan is miles ahead of OpenGL and by that I don't mean the number of games that will take time for Vulkan to catch up.

DX12 and Vulkan are basically the same, though Vulkan does have the better performance in the game built for it in mind.

So I see you dig into the mobile game because I just owned you on the pc platform.
OK fair enough Apple will not support Vulkan or OpenGL why would they?
And as for Android more and more title are starting to add Vulkan all the time. The issue with android is the OS and hardware are far and wide from each other.

I believe for Vulkan Android 9 is a must have of the android market is running out of dated versions never mind getting game support.

Unless you buy the latest and greatest phones you hold back.
This is Google biggest issue with android.

Admit that you wrong for once :)

Last edited:
Soldato
RDR2 Ran best for me on my Vega 64 using Vulkan and DX12 would crash to desktop all the time at random. To me DX12 while in essence a good thing, seems tacked on in many cases with no real benefits where every Vulkan enabled game i've tried have had good performance.

Soldato
OP
And some people think Vulkan is bad lol just look at this performance gain for free! This is like moving up a GPU upgrade!

We need more Vulkan titles!

From unplayable to playable! Not sure what is wrong with his/her DX11 performance though either way!

Last edited:
Soldato
Vulkun is awesome and more games should use it in PC!

mans I'm not just saying that because I have a Turing GPU... ok you got me, that's exactly what I'm saying it - Vulkun Games in general are much more optimized for performance than DirectX games

Back
Top Bottom