Domain with email hosting?

Soldato
I'm looking to buy a domain for my wife's business, for which she needs an email server, but not a website as yet.

Would i be best off buying the domain, then looking for an email host, OR, find someone that offers it all in one package?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Associate
Best way to do this which I have always done is get your domain at something like https://www.123-reg.co.uk/ and then take out a hosting package with external firm. I have used https://www.nethosted.co.uk/ Which I can recommend highly as I have been with them 10 years odd no downtime. Although you select choice of provider for hosting. You could take out email through 123reg before getting external hosting company, but I wouldn't use them myself.

Once this is done you would need to log into the 123reg control panel find your domain and change the nameservers to your hosting company. Then log into your providers supplied cpanel and set your email accounts up. The benefit of this solution you are not tied down to one hosting company. The domain resides at 123reg, but only points to which every company you select. So if you want to change at any time you have flexibility to do so.

Soldato
Thanks. Might use them for a few domains :)

We moved all of our client domains over for hosting from Krystal as they still don't allow you to delete records, no problems with 20i and they are a few £ cheaper come renewal. Support on the few times I've needed them usually email back within 2 minutes.

Soldato
OP
@Glanza

If you have the time, could you give me a few tips? I want the webpage to purely hold a few lines of text and an image. What's the best way of doing this, using the included hosting?
Can you point me towards an idiots guide maybe, for this and setting up the email?
Total beginner I this field, so all help appreciated!

Soldato
@Glanza

If you have the time, could you give me a few tips? I want the webpage to purely hold a few lines of text and an image. What's the best way of doing this, using the included hosting?
Can you point me towards an idiots guide maybe, for this and setting up the email?
Total beginner I this field, so all help appreciated!

Enable the free hosting, then once it's active you could install for example wordpress and then do what your after. If your struggling their support is really good and will help you through it all.

Soldato
OP
Enable the free hosting, then once it's active you could install for example wordpress and then do what your after. If your struggling their support is really good and will help you through it all.

Thank you - working through it now, much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom