*** Half-Life: Alyx ***

Associate
You probably will at first, but you become immune to it after a couple of weeks of short sessions. It made me really sick at first but now I can play for hours and feel fine.

I got my rift about 18 months ago and had exactly the same experience. Now I can play Alyx on smooth movement/smooth turn set to 50 and games like Dirt rally 2 as long as I like with no motion sickness at all.

Soldato
I don't see the point. It will be way to easy and a bit generic without VR. What makes the game good is how good it is as a VR game.

Absolutely agree a big part of the game is the physical interactions and the immersion of a VR environment, without that its going to be far too simple. It warrants being played in its intended format.

Soldato
6GB VRAM is the minimum requirement, probably would still run on 4GB but your chancing it and likely be stuck with minimum graphics options.

Yeah, I'm assuming that performance would be terrible as my PC has struggled with some of the more graphical demanding titles I've tried like Asgard's Wrath which was playable but looked terrible and ran a bit choppy. It also recommended a 1060 with 6gb VRAM as minimum IIRC.

I'll probably wait until Nvidia's new GPU models are released this year as hopefully that along with the upcoming new consoles, will lower prices slightly. Then I can decide whether to by a new GPU or a second hand one as people upgrade.

I guess it's also likely that if Sony release a new Playstation VR headset with the PS5 then HL:Alyx will be released on it as well.

Soldato
So does this advance the Half Life franchise story or simply fills in the gaps?

I won't be able to play this for a while so resisting the urge to just read the Wiki plot synopsis :D

Associate
really want to play this game but at the mo don't have vr cant afford the £1000 steam version but how much for a good alternative and what about wmr?

Soldato
Wanted to cave in and get a Rift S.
But it looks like this quarantine has taken a bad toll on stock levels, can't find 1 locally or online...at least not at a stupid price.

Back
Top Bottom