mayhems pastel seperating?

Associate
when i set up my loop i was noticing a white residue settling on the bottom of the pipes when the pc was left overnight that disapeared within 5 mins of turning it on.

i fitted a gpu block yesterday and refilled with new pastel pink thinking i may have had a dodgy bottle but this morning the whole of the gpu block was white and its taken a good 20 mins to disperse.

im running an ek d5@70% is this normal?

cheers dave

Soldato
when i set up my loop i was noticing a white residue settling on the bottom of the pipes when the pc was left overnight that disapeared within 5 mins of turning it on.

i fitted a gpu block yesterday and refilled with new pastel pink thinking i may have had a dodgy bottle but this morning the whole of the gpu block was white and its taken a good 20 mins to disperse.

im running an ek d5@70% is this normal?

cheers dave
I've never had that happen to me did you flush the rads before changing to make sure the old coolant was out

Associate
OP
i did flush everything through with deionised water when i stripped down to add the gpu block.

as above there is a link showing what ive used but with the addition of the phanteks gpu block

Soldato
I used ek rads mine was a ce420 and ce280 and didn't have this problem so doubt it's the rads reacting with the fluid never used hard tubing though so can't comment on that

Soldato
Pastel isn't compatible with PETG either, and Mayhems haven't got the new PETG-safe kit out yet.

The normal pastel is according to the charts shown on mayhems/ocuk. They have an xtreme version that isn’t though.

I’ve used it in my previous build for a few years without issue (pastel red and then pastel white).

Back
Top Bottom