Does anyone know who this guy is?

Associate
I went to a pub in Cheshire there were two photos on the wall either side of a fireplace. One was of Randolph Churchill, although the local pub bore said it was King George V, the other is unknown.

Any ideas?

6t8VHun.jpg

Sorry had to delete - I Created a Flickr account which displayed my email address NOT just the photo.

Last edited:
Soldato
Edward Stanhope (1840-1893), British Conservative Party politician, 1896.

From The Life and Times of The Right Honourable The Marquis of Salisbury, K.G., published by J. S. Virtue & Co. Ltd., 1896. (Photo by Print Collector/Getty Images)

Associate
OP
The pub itself may know the answer if you were to call or ask them.

No, the two times I visited they did NOT know - the second time I visited I actually spoke to the owner. He wasn't aware that the other photo of Winston Churchill's father. Thanks

Jj6h0Oa.jpg

Above is the photo of Randolph Churchill, the Pub Bore was insistent that it was George V. I was able to do a google search and find the exact photo.

Associate
OP
Edward Stanhope (1840-1893), British Conservative Party politician, 1896.

From The Life and Times of The Right Honourable The Marquis of Salisbury, K.G., published by J. S. Virtue & Co. Ltd., 1896. (Photo by Print Collector/Getty Images)

That's him. Thanks very much...…. Incidentally, how did you know? To be honest, I've never heard of the guy. I'll have to do a bit of reading up.

Thanks again.

Soldato
That's him. Thanks very much...…. Incidentally, how did you know? To be honest, I've never heard of the guy. I'll have to do a bit of reading up.

Thanks again.

I know because I am Edward Stanthorpe! Taking that photo you have released my soul trapped in that portrait for over a century! That is the honest truth, under no circumstances did I crop the image to include just the portrait and use tineye to do a reverse image lookup.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I know because I am Edward Stanthorpe! Taking that photo you have released my soul trapped in that portrait for over a century! That is the honest truth, under no circumstances did I crop the image to include just the portrait and use tineye to do a reverse image lookup.
:D

Back
Top Bottom