Doom Eternal

Caporegime

So glory kills were actually a concept in Doom 4 that made it into the 2016 game onward. Probably could have sold that Doom 4 as an alternate type of game after the 2016 version came out, would be interesting to play a more realistic twist on it.

Associate
omg there are so many difficult jumps its like a 1990 platform game... now further into the game they are putting several difficult jumps in a row.. just hating that bit... im stuck on ony jump now ive watched youtube how to do it but i dont seem able to make it i fall a few pixels short of the teleport boost every time...

That bad was quite looking forward to this, loved 2016

Soldato
I put this on nightmare and am perhaps regretting my decision :D

Stuck on a certain point and just can't seem to keep up with the enemy spawn rate or run out of ammo.

I started on Nightmare and did a few levels but was dying a LOT in some of the encounters. I have since dropped it to ultra violence and finding the game a lot more fun now :p

Soldato
I feel like a failure.

The game is now enjoyable, but I'm playing it on "Too young to die".

"Hurt me plenty" is just too stresfull, it's far too hard for me.

I fail.

(Playing on Xbox One controller)

Associate
It is a hard game... brilliant but hard. If I was failing the platforming sections then they would probably annoy me too, but I find them a nice break from combat and the level design is so impressive later in the game that jumping around feels natural. The platforming in the first levels feels very artificial though which I'm not a fan of.

Soldato
Indeed it feels quite hard on easy lol. I love the level design the graphics are so impressive, the begenning I was getting the feeling I wouldn't like the game, wasn't keen on the start level, but then the second one with all the greenery and detail, so nice.

I remember to playing DOOM on the PS1, can't quite get that atmosphere though.

Associate
love the combat, love the doom/quake hybrid feel. Despise the gymnastics to the point where ive stopped playing it. Just hate it and it totally ruins the flow of the game when, due to my own uselessness at it, it takes me 20 or so goes to get over certain sections.

ne0

ne0

Associate
don't really get all the complaints about the jump puzzles, I actually find it a nice change of pace as the combat is so intense and really tough unless you're playing on easy mode. The jump puzzles aren't hard either :/

Associate
I was really excited about this game after loving Doom 2016. Is the platform/puzzle sections really that bad? Reviews are giving this game 9/10 but users here are giving it a mixed bag.

Soldato
I think the users here are the minority if you look at reviews and steam user reviews. The platforming is mostly quite easy and occasionally a bit annoying.

Man of Honour
don't really get all the complaints about the jump puzzles, I actually find it a nice change of pace as the combat is so intense and really tough unless you're playing on easy mode. The jump puzzles aren't hard either :/

It isn't really about being hard or easy it is about the flow and pace of the game.

Soldato
Playing this on Ultra Violence, finding it a nice challenge. The combat is fantastic really don't mind having to use chainsaw for ammo, glory kills for health etc, adds another element to the combat. Would get boring fast if it was just a case of hold left mouse button and move about....
Whilst I'm not sure why they chose to add so much platforming in a Doom game I actually don't mind it as give you a chance to catch you breath :p And seriously the timing is so slack on the mojority of them it's just a case of double jumping and boosting...

ne0

ne0

Associate
It isn't really about being hard or easy it is about the flow and pace of the game.

Nah, some people are saying they find the jump puzzles difficult.

Also I don't really get the complaints about the flow of the game. Do you really want the game to be 100% intense combat the entire way through? I actually find the jump sections a nice change of pace and think they're needed to have relative quiet periods between all the mayhem. Maybe I'm just getting old though lol

Back
Top Bottom