Iiyama XUB2792QSU (2560x1440 IPS) - Anyone here own one?

Soldato
Before I press "buy" on this, someone able to comment on their experience with it? Find it OK gaming wise?

ps: I'm limited to 60hz with my KVM, and I find my existing BenQ BL2411 fine for game.

Associate
I own this exact screen. It's okay gaming wise. It goes up to 70 Hz, official Freesync range is 48-70 Hz, I expanded it through CRU to ~34-70 Hz. Contrast is good, colours are nice. Input lag is not the lowest, around 25 ms according to prad.de. I would recommend Overdrive setting +1, because +2 results in visible overshoot.

Soldato
OP
I own this exact screen. It's okay gaming wise. It goes up to 70 Hz, official Freesync range is 48-70 Hz, I expanded it through CRU to ~34-70 Hz. Contrast is good, colours are nice. Input lag is not the lowest, around 25 ms according to prad.de. I would recommend Overdrive setting +1, because +2 results in visible overshoot.
What a brilliant resource! Thanks!

I'm mostly worried will it be a step back gameplay response wise from my existing monitor. So comparing reviews on that site:-

Iiyama XUB2792QSU

Latency is an important value for gamers, we determine it as the sum of the signal delay time and half the average frame change time. For the Iiyama XUB2792QSU-B1, half the average frame change time is 5.8 ms. The signal delay is 17.2 ms. The total latency according to the PRAD measurement method is 23 ms.​

BenQ BL2411PT (my current monitor)
Latency is an important value for gamers, we determine it as the sum of the signal delay time and half the average frame change time. With the BL2411PT, we measured an extremely short signal delay of just 0.8 milliseconds - less is hardly possible. Half the average image changeover time is also very short at 4.7 milliseconds (AMA Premium), which pleases gamers: 5.5 milliseconds for the average total latency are only undercut by a few TN monitors.

That "latency time", if it means a noticeable sluggish response when playing say a FPS will be a worry :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom