• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ryzen 5 3600 Discussion Thread

Soldato
What's with ocuk upping price on this? Really wanted to get my gear from here but elsewhere is cheaper.

Initially it was 179 and a competitor had it for 154 now it's 199 and the same competitor has upped it there price to 198.

Is this demand issues or just price gouging?

The 3600 with Asus board has also gone up and it's almost £30 cheaper elsewhere :(

I know ATM ocuk can't price match as I asked already

Soldato
Well I did order 3600 and board but elsewhere as the price difference was too much to give up.

I did ring ocuk and the gentleman was very nice and understood my point re pricing and acknowledged it but advised they have been told under current situation they are NOT to price match.

Which I get but I couldn't justify sticking with ocuk as the difference was too much imo

Soldato
Still the same prices over here as when I bought mine. (USD). Hopefully this is resolved with supply soon :)
Aye, whilst I do understand there stance part of me thinks ocuk and others are to an extent increasing price when it's not needed

For example there stock levels on the Asus bundle with the 3600 must be same or close as it's not gone out of stock and back in, that was quite abit less than what it is now iirc it was around 250 it's now 289.

They said it's likely gone up due to increase of the 3600 which ocuk went from 178 to 199 (that's what they said on phone anyway)

Now neither of these went out of stock over night and then back to stock so it must be same batch from a supplier.

If that's the case there just increasing cost for more profit which I stress it's a business they can do that, just leaves abit of a sour taste as gives impression taking advantage of situation.

That being said I hold nothing against ocuk for doing that at all, just meant I had to go elsewhere

Associate
I recently updated to a ryzen 3600 from a 4690k, im experiencing weird things with it atm. My CS:GO fps is lower than with the 4690k.. i had a look into and read threads about the power management and having AMD ryzen high performance setting on. I was originally getting around 120 fps with the 3600 which seemed stupidly low (3600 and a amd 5700, should be getting WAY higher fps than this, setting all low for max fps).

After i had changed the power settings i was getting 3-400 fps... but now its gone back to 120 and no settings have changed and the power setting is still on high performance, is my cpu throttling? other benchmarks for CS:GO with a 3600 and worse graphics cards are in the 3-500 range. Can anyone shed a light on this? Or has anyone else experienced this?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I recently updated to a ryzen 3600 from a 4690k, im experiencing weird things with it atm. My CS:GO fps is lower than with the 4690k.. i had a look into and read threads about the power management and having AMD ryzen high performance setting on. I was originally getting around 120 fps with the 3600 which seemed stupidly low (3600 and a amd 5700, should be getting WAY higher fps than this, setting all low for max fps).

After i had changed the power settings i was getting 3-400 fps... but now its gone back to 120 and no settings have changed and the power setting is still on high performance, is my cpu throttling? other benchmarks for CS:GO with a 3600 and worse graphics cards are in the 3-500 range. Can anyone shed a light on this? Or has anyone else experienced this?
I would run something like Afterburner to monitor what is going on.

Could be a windows update that borked things or a driver issue.

Update to the latest chipset drivers also directly from amd’s website. All failed do a quick backup of stuff and do a clean install of windows.

Associate
I already updated to the latest chipset drivers and the bios, and it’s a fresh windows install as all the parts are brand new.

Il try disabling pbo as some people say this causes issues, it seems that when I first turn on the pc and run cs:go.. it runs at like nearly 400 FPS, then after a while it will run at 120, are there any Radeon software settings that can cause this? my temps are fine, using a noctua nh d-14.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom