Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Should've got a real bike, that way you can get fresh air into your lungs at the same time. Plus, a real bike won't be packed away and forgotten about once this virus thing is over.

I live in a "block of four" flat and have no storage space for a "real bike". I need to lose a bit of weight and with the time scale of this COVID Virus looks like it could be a decent investment anyways :(

Soldato
Due to the current condition in the world..

toOC00N.jpg

Only issue, (as expected) the the seat is very very uncomfortable, does anyone have any alt suggestions?
Padded shorts for sure, preferably bibs. Can you change the saddle on it? That looks very wide and padded. You wouldn't think so, but something thin with less padding that sits in your crack more than a one that you sit on top of will likely be more comfortable.

Soldato
Should've got a real bike, that way you can get fresh air into your lungs at the same time. Plus, a real bike won't be packed away and forgotten about once this virus thing is over.

I too have just made the impossible search for an exercise bike, as I cannot run following my injury last year. Plus, although the roads are quieter now I'd still not want to do any road cycling around here. The driving at times is horrific and I don't fancy shortening my life through it.

Caporegime
I too have just made the impossible search for an exercise bike, as I cannot run following my injury last year. Plus, although the roads are quieter now I'd still not want to do any road cycling around here. The driving at times is horrific and I don't fancy shortening my life through it.

Cycle paths. The county is full of them.

Soldato
Padded shorts for sure, preferably bibs. Can you change the saddle on it? That looks very wide and padded. You wouldn't think so, but something thin with less padding that sits in your crack more than a one that you sit on top of will likely be more comfortable.

Thanks mate, never thought of them :confused: (doh!). Yes, the saddle is interchangable.

Take the seat off. None of the issues you describe will persist.

Sorry, but is that a serious response??

Soldato
I too have bought a bike but it should be delivered this week and then I'll upload a picture of it as I know stock images don't count.

Fancied something different from my hybrid bike so decided to get a fixed gear bike. Nothing special really has a track geometry (I just like the look of it more than anything) but it actually has brakes. Carbon forks, dropped bars and have upgraded the tyres to be Gatorskin ones.

Depending how I get along with it I may even upgrade the wheels to make it a bit lighter as they're the heavy part currently but at 9.5kg it's 3kg lighter than my main bike. Going to try and fit in a 20 mile cycle every other day

Soldato
Cycle paths. The county is full of them.

We do have a few here, but none are suitable for road bikes. They would be fine to use at the moment, but as soon as this is over they're swarmed by entitled folk walking dogs on 30ft leads or buggies filling the entire path and kids running everywhere. You can't ride for more than 100ft without having to take avoiding action.

Hence, I've removed this issue and any danger from using the surrounding roads where vehicle closing speed makes it dangerous.

Soldato
No space for a real bike but you have an exercise bike? OK.
Probably could've just bought one of those bicycle rollers and had the best of both worlds.

But I'm sure he has his own reasons. I've never liked exercise bikes or treadmills, personally. But I love a rowing machine and I'm sure some would just say why not join a club

Soldato
8QLTIrzl.jpg

Upgrade, paid for with barber savings over the next three months.

Cut my own hair for years but never faded, lols incoming. Old clippers didn't have any adjustment between grades.

Soldato
No space for a real bike but you have an exercise bike? OK.

Sorry I didnt explain well, im upstairs in a block of four flats, so the exercise bike is up there and there is no space behind my front door downstairs. And I dont fancy moving upstairs everytime, and getting mud over my carpets etc..

Back
Top Bottom