Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
It isn't, that's cheaper than most other AAA games. £60 is the norm, either you've been living under a rock or only buy smaller Indie games.

Don't be ridiculous lol. Games are still generally 30-35 on pc, hence people earlier in this thread talking about buying it at xmas for 29.99. There is just a trend of the big rehashed games from certain studios being overpriced and unfortuntely due to people paying it, they will keep doing it. Just look at games like destiny that keep being released with bugger all content for 50 and people lapping them up, then moaning about paid dlc...before paying for it.

Soldato
Is it not? Just seems extremely expensive compared to other games I've bought over the years.
I paid £30 over xmas too and granted £50 is more than I would normally pay but I would definately pay that for MW

I remember paying £30 in 1997 for C&C Redalert and £30 was the going rate for premium Amiga titles in the late 80s and early 90s.
Console games and VR games are into £50 and £60, so why not MW.
You also get crossplay, I have been playing recently in a team of 3 with one friend on his xbox, the other on ps4 and me on pc

Soldato
It isn't, that's cheaper than most other AAA games. £60 is the norm, either you've been living under a rock or only buy smaller Indie games.

Probably living under a rock tbh. I game a reasonable amount where I can but I tend to stick with a game for a long time. I don't think I've ever bought a game for £50 since this hobby started in the early 2000's and I've played most of the BF series stuff although admittedly not the most recent (currently £35). The last game I bought was PUBG which was about £25 when I bought it on release.

Don't be ridiculous lol. Games are still generally 30-35 on pc, hence people earlier in this thread talking about buying it at xmas for 29.99.

This was my understanding and experience, but as above its possible I'm out the loop

I paid £30 over xmas too and granted £50 is more than I would normally pay but I would definately pay that for MW

I remember paying £30 in 1997 for C&C Redalert and £30 was the going rate for premium Amiga titles in the late 80s and early 90s.
Console games and VR games are into £50 and £60, so why not MW.
You also get crossplay, I have been playing recently in a team of 3 with one friend on his xbox, the other on ps4 and me on pc

I'm enjoying what I've seen of warzone, the issue is simply the chaps I game with are mainly playing the main game. I'll probably wait till they start flogging it for £30 again.

Soldato
I'm enjoying what I've seen of warzone, the issue is simply the chaps I game with are mainly playing the main game. I'll probably wait till they start flogging it for £30 again.

You could be waiting a while, what with everyone stuck inside for the foreseeable future! The main game offer a lot more too - many more map and game options. CyberAttack is great fun in a team of 6
Put the money you have saved on not going out for a week into COD :)

Soldato
You could be waiting a while, what with everyone stuck inside for the foreseeable future! The main game offer a lot more too - many more map and game options. CyberAttack is great fun in a team of 6
Put the money you have saved on not going out for a week into COD :)

Lol i'm mid 40's with young kids, if I put all the money I saved from not going out anymore for a week (or even a year :p) towards it I would have nowt :p

Associate
Lol i'm mid 40's with young kids, if I put all the money I saved from not going out anymore for a week (or even a year :p) towards it I would have nowt :p
I know how you feel! Same here, mid 40's two children and a life bereft of nights out, even before lockdown.
I agree that the game is worth the money though. I was a BFV player but MW makes it feel archaic and slow.

Caporegime
Is this ever sold at a reasonable price other than the ludicrous £49.99?

use the russain vpn method it works out at £24 is safe and is easy. many people on here buy it that way. its a brilliant game tbh. its great warzone and the free part is free but its the paid game is a lot better in my opinion. i mainly just play cyber attack. which is worth the price alone with a group of mates / friends. :p

Soldato
I forgot to mention. I take back what I said a few pages ago about Warzone not being for me. Having had a few games of Battle Royal, BR Solo and Bloodmoney all three are excellent.
Initially I thought the games may take a lot longer but it's so quick and fun to have a 20 min game of BR or BR solo. Blood money takes a bit longer but still kept me entertained for an hour before I knew it

I did have to update my GPU drivers to the latest version as the game crashed with a GPU driver error. There are now some bright colours / white flashes as others have reported. A quick Google suggested turning off AA to get around that issue. So far I havent bothered as only noticed it twice playing Battle Royal in 10 games. Once in the Prison and once somewhere else, it lasted a few seconds and was gone

Associate
blizzard had it up for £32 just over a week ago, went to download Warzone, picked up full game instead.

Have hammered Ground War over last week and a bit, game feels so much smoother and less buggy than BFV! would love it more with less killstreaks but then thats COD and just have to work around them :)
Does annoy me though that I seem to be the only one that bothers shooting UAV's and AntiUAV's down, let alone planes and chopper gunners :/

Associate
Been trying on and off for days to get this patch to download. Think I'm at 8 of 74GB left or something after constant failures. Needs babysat to restart it continuously which i don't have the patience for. arrg what morons released this into the world.

Associate
Is this ever sold at a reasonable price other than the ludicrous £49.99?

I saw this on offer at Battle.Net around Christmas. After that ended GamesPlanet had it on for a discount as well (approx £36 I think). Sometimes worth waiting for a seasonal event (easter?) if you are trying to get a discount.

Soldato
Don't be ridiculous lol. Games are still generally 30-35 on pc, hence people earlier in this thread talking about buying it at xmas for 29.99. There is just a trend of the big rehashed games from certain studios being overpriced and unfortuntely due to people paying it, they will keep doing it. Just look at games like destiny that keep being released with bugger all content for 50 and people lapping them up, then moaning about paid dlc...before paying for it.

I'm super confused, I've not seen a AAA game be released for under $50/$60 (same amount in GBP as well) without looking on key sites in a long time. Granted, 10-15 years ago it was $10 cheaper.

If you're including smaller studio indie games into your figures and averaging it out, then sure. But I'm talking big releases from big studios/publishers. Bathesda, Blizzard, EA, Ubisoft etc etc.

This is new releases for big games on Steam and CoD price here in the states. These prices are to be expected. I wish they were cheaper! Don't get me wrong, but unless the UK market has changed in the past few years since I was last there visiting family. This is the norm??

wNCQuDl.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom