What phone feature can't you do without ?

Soldato
I've done this survey a few times in years gone by, so it could be interesting to see how opinions/priorities have changed over the years... would everyone mind taking a couple of minutes to fill out this form on what they think is important when buying a phone :)

Google Form

Thanks.

Soldato
I've done this survey a few times in years gone by, so it could be interesting to see how opinions/priorities have changed over the years... would everyone mind taking a couple of minutes to fill out this form on what they think is important when buying a phone :)

Google Form

Thanks.

Some of your survey questions don’t make sense. You’ve incorrectly grouped ‘cost’ and ‘value’ together in one question when they are two separate things (something can be cheap but poor value or expensive and good value).

Size and weight are two separate things that have been grouped together.

Associate
Torch is a good one from above.

Maps with traffic is nice, it also has places saved that i need on the go that i'd never remember due to such a large number of them.

Youtube, only because of chromecast. If chromecast wasn't a thing i wouldn't care.

3.5mm jack, mp3 support.

SD card and removable battery i'd prefer, but not fully needed.

A web browser.

Txting and phonecalls. But i'd be happy to have a device that does the above that isn't a phone. The old smart mp3 players were nice.

Notifications is something i despise.

Soldato
The feature I think is great on an iPhone is the auto notification mute at a certain time. Mines on at 8pm till 8am. Works great. No notifications at all.

Where do you find that please? I'm on Android at the moment and have just started using Bixby routines to mute the volume at a set time in the evening and turn it on again in the morning. It's a small thing but so pleasing that I'd like to do the same on iOS if I go back to iphones.

Associate
OP
Where do you find that please? I'm on Android at the moment and have just started using Bixby routines to mute the volume at a set time in the evening and turn it on again in the morning. It's a small thing but so pleasing that I'd like to do the same on iOS if I go back to iphones.
You can do it on android in the do not disturb settings by creating a rule

Man of Honour
3.5mm socket.
SD card
Decent camera.

I do miss removable batteries, notification LED's, IR blaster (Hello Dixons. Somehow all your tv's turned themselves off...), hardware home button (It's easier to find when still half asleep at 4am)

Back
Top Bottom