*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Question for the game sharers

I’ve got 2 consoles linked, mine is the primary. I bought Two Point Hospital for my daughters Switch (secondary), didn’t bother downloading yet to my switch (Primary).

I’m playing AC but when she tries to load up TPH she gets an error saying console is already online with the game (but I’m not, I’m on AC).

I’ve had to put mine into airplane mode for her to play a game on her switch.

Any ideas as I thought it was just the same game that couldn’t be played online at the same time??

Associate
I was hoping to buy a switch to keep myself busy while im off work. Seems like they've disappeared off the face of the earth Haha

I couldn't find one either, then got an email from Virgin media as an existing customer.. £15 a month for some random huwaei phone... and free next day nintendo switch so I went ahead and ordered it and have given the phone to my niece. Bought around 10 games and loving it.

Soldato
The more I look at games for the switch (which my daughter wants) the more I think, we could be competing for this console:D. I've been hunting for one too, and I think it might actually be easier to get unicorn burgers (unless you fancy paying double the price).

Associate
Smyth had it for pre-order a few days ago, citing delivery between 3-10 April. Although they are no longer accepting further pre-orders perhaps other stores may also receive stock in the next few days so worth looking out and maybe setting an alarm for a daily morning check.

Associate
Yeah I did notice smyths saying they expected stock from the 3rd april. Hopefully I'll snatch one from somewhere. I keep checking the regular places. And my local Asda when I'm doing my "essential shopping"

Soldato
Managed to snag a Switch after 2 weeks of hunting. Tesco's Extra by me had one when I went to do the weekly shop, so I recommend checking if you're there anyway. They had nothing on the shelves at all but I asked and they got one from the back.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for games for children aged 3? I've heard the paw patrol game is decent? He's used to playing Roblox on a phone so shouldn't be hard for him to use a joycon.

Soldato
Question for the game sharers

I’ve got 2 consoles linked, mine is the primary. I bought Two Point Hospital for my daughters Switch (secondary), didn’t bother downloading yet to my switch (Primary).

I’m playing AC but when she tries to load up TPH she gets an error saying console is already online with the game (but I’m not, I’m on AC).

I’ve had to put mine into airplane mode for her to play a game on her switch.

Any ideas as I thought it was just the same game that couldn’t be played online at the same time??

I've got this working so will try to explain it as best I can!

Your primary console can play games online and offline. Your secondary console will need to be online to play games.

If you both consoles are online then you cannot use the same account so if you want to play against each other then you will need to make a separate account for your daughter (this will also apply if both consoles are online even if you aren't playing against each other).

So the best option in my experience is to set your console as the secondary and your kid as the primary. Set them up with their own Nintendo account and you're then able to play each other as well as sharing games.

Downsides: you will need to be online to check you can play games and your kid will need their own account.

I've done this and we can play AC online with each other :)

I think you could get around this by having the primary console disconnected from the internet and you could then use the same account at the same time (although not playing against each other).

Local play isn't possible because the secondary console has to be online in my experience.

Associate
The more I look at games for the switch (which my daughter wants) the more I think, we could be competing for this console:D. I've been hunting for one too, and I think it might actually be easier to get unicorn burgers (unless you fancy paying double the price).
You have to get a switch. It’s simply the best current console available. There’s plenty of games you and you daughter could play together also.

Soldato
Went back to look at the start of this thread to see how far we'd come what with comments above saying this is the best console on the market you can buy right now, and came across these two below.

Hope this is the last console Nintendo make so they can focus on making games for other consoles in the future.

Developing their own platform is just a waste of time in this day and age.

I love Nintendo. But I think the time has come to focus on what they do best, and that's making games. The Wii U has sold 10 million consoles worldwide. That's half as many as the Gamecube which itself was considered a flop. :( I appreciate Nintendo have been massive innovators, but you have to consider the question - did Nintendo 'get lucky' with the original Wii?

Obviously the fact that Nintendo have now sold over 51 million of the things and can't keep them on the shelves will prove that they did the right thing, and ignore the doubters.

Is Diablo 3 any good on the Switch Lite?

This comment made in October 2019 by the same person made me laugh though, did they change their mind, and how come they never posted since to show the support for the console given how good it actually is. :D

Back
Top Bottom