The Division 2 - March 2019

V F

V F

Soldato
Is this worth getting now so long after release? Looking for a decent online shooter but nothing is really grabbing me...

Yeah, totally. It's hella fun and so addictive. I've been playing solo so far while really enjoying the fights. I love the whole commando feel to it. In a way it reminds me of a faster paced Counter-Strike with PUBG looting.

Warlords of New York is even more of a blast.

Soldato
It's been running that overclock since 2011 on its first build and I am highly unlikely to change it for just one game and these few random issues really - hardly worth it at all so I'll just have to put up with it. I can play for hours without a single issue performance wise. CPU temps are totally fine (48c) and GPU temps at 60c. Afterburner has been disabled for now as it's overlay has been known to cause issues.

Hell I can run Satisfactory (a far more complex game hardware resource wise) without a single issue, BF4 and even the king of bloatness - GTAV etc. After speaking to two friends yesterday they've also mentioned bugs keeping them from playing the game. It puzzles me how they've not got such issues under control.

I'll look at the latest NV drivers next to see if that helps too.

As I said the division engine has always been more susceptible to instability from overclocks. Your choice but like you said you'll just have to bite the bullet if you're unwilling to drop down. A 9 year old 2600k even if at cool temps is still likely to have suffered some deg at those clocks and presumably higher voltage and as a result will likely see the impact of that especially on an engine designed for 8 core cpus unlike GTA V and the other games are not comparable to open world games in terms of engine load on the CPU.

Yeah, totally. It's hella fun and so addictive. I've been playing solo so far while really enjoying the fights. I love the whole commando feel to it. In a way it reminds me of a faster paced Counter-Strike with PUBG looting.

Counter strike? Eh? That's one comparison I'd never thought I'd see with the division...but agreed it's worth a shot at the base game given how cheap it can be purchased for. If you like it great if not worst case you lose a few pounds. Wouldn't be surprised if they do a free weekend later this year.

Soldato
It really is a good game. As a shooter, it is ok - I just enjoy traversing the post end of days world as it was something I always wanted to do in Last of Us and Division 2 reminds me of that and Dying Light so much, minus the zombies of course.

V F

V F

Soldato
@SS-89 That has been the biggest flaw. DX12 is quite unstable with it after a while. DX12 will crash it after an hour, while DX11 I can play it for crazy hours until I quit.

Yes. Super buggy game. I was getting CTD in DX12 and thinking it was my PC. Switch to DX11 and it's stable. For a game to still be this buggy after a good year is not great.

Soldato
@SS-89 That has been the biggest flaw. DX12 is quite unstable with it after a while. DX12 will crash it after an hour, while DX11 I can play it for crazy hours until I quit.

Yep I still play on dx12 as it performs quite a bit better on my 3700x 2080ti. That being said I crash a lot less on the new nvidia drivers and after verifying the division 2 game files. Have multiple 2-3 hour sessions in the last week with no issues.

Soldato

Ok cheers I'll see about downloading it. I've not looked into it much, I presume you can team up with others?

V F

V F

Soldato
Ok cheers I'll see about downloading it. I've not looked into it much, I presume you can team up with others?

Yeah, matchmaking options before a mission starts as well as clans. Kind of like guilds. Or call for backup during a mission.

Soldato
Why is the game so buggy af?

Because they released the WoNY expansion and the Gear 2.0 crap without testing it first. Either that or they simply ignored any feedback from their testers in order to make a quick cash grab, because given the sheer number of bugs present there is no way it would pass any QA testing at all.

Soldato

I don't have issues with DX12 on the 5700XT and last night played for 5 hours straight. However had some crashes last May with the V64 but hadn't played much because happened during the period the Predator died and morpheus II was overheating the card.

Soldato
They got nothing to sell & the game itself was doing mediocre numbers, so they pushed an expac to get more $$$ and can take the time to "fix" it after. Plus, they also get free PR points because "Omg Ubi stands behind their games, they take their time and fix them can u believe them? go ubi!" - true story, same as for the first one. People are just dumb.

Soldato
They got nothing to sell & the game itself was doing mediocre numbers, so they pushed an expac to get more $$$ and can take the time to "fix" it after. Plus, they also get free PR points because "Omg Ubi stands behind their games, they take their time and fix them can u believe them? go ubi!" - true story, same as for the first one. People are just dumb.

:confused:

Soldato

It had been out for over a year and it was doing okay.

I mean, Destiny 2 is doing fine numbers wise yet there's a lot of negative posts to do with the seasons, matchmaking, fixes and Bungie's decisions.

Either of those two are definitely not in the realm of struggling.

Soldato
It had been out for over a year and it was doing okay.

I mean, Destiny 2 is doing fine numbers wise yet there's a lot of negative posts to do with the seasons, matchmaking, fixes and Bungie's decisions.

Either of those two are definitely not in the realm of struggling.

I'm talking sales number. This is not my opinion, this straight from Ubi's mouth, go read their financial reports/calls. And secondly referring to "nothing to sell" I mean in terms of new releases from them, because they pushed everything out. So instead of maybe letting the expac cook & QA it further they release it earlier and then fix it as they go (I'm responding to the "why is it so buggy" posts above). Same situation as has happened with the first game, and if you want a more recent example, the cluster puck that was Breakpoint.

PS: Don't know where you found the word 'struggling', but it's not from me.
PPS: I like both Ubi & Div games, even though 1st one crashed more on me as I was completing the campaign than every other game in 20+ years of gaming combined. No hate towards either of them, just facts. It is what it is.

Associate

I crashed quite a bit on dx12 but turning off the overlay and putting my gfx card back to default clocks seems to have solved it. It's been several days of multi hour sessions without a crash

Soldato
End game question:

I completed the game tonight only to find out I have to do the whole lot again this time against the Black Tusks.

Then I go online and find out there are 5 tiers.

Is it relatively trivial making the gear points to get access to the strongholds or are they forcing you to spend ages grinding for loot?

Because I will give up on this pretty quick if this is the case.

Associate
End game question:

I completed the game tonight only to find out I have to do the whole lot again this time against the Black Tusks.

Is it relatively trivial making the gear points to get access to the strongholds or are they forcing you to spend ages grinding for loot?

You should be able to get to WT5 within a couple of days play sessions, if you have a boost it will take you straight to WT5 with equipment to support. The loot cycle is definitely a grind, although at least they aren't changing the levels too often to make you re loot equipment.

Soldato
End game question:

Don't focus on builds until you hit cap. Given it will be story mode difficulty just equip the highest gear equipment you have and finish that out. Once you hit WT5 you can then begin going for builds. THat being said it's a looter shooter the end game is grinding for god roll best in slot items so if you don't enjoy that loop then I'd suggest quitting while you are ahead and still enjoying it! Also note the WONY expansion ups the level cap to 40 and gets rid of gear score so most of us had to go for new equipment and builds given the changes.

Back
Top Bottom