Viveport?

Soldato
Got a 2 month pass to viveport with the wireless Vive adapter but it requires your credit card details so it looks like a shameless money-making racket so obviously I'm not putting in my card details.

But what is viveport? Is there anything decent in it? They seem to be doing their best to keep people out of it!

Associate
It's ok for free, I wouldn't pay for it though.
There are few good games on it, good if your just starting out.
I got it free with my o+. Just make sure you cancel before the end of the 2 months(it stays active untill the end of the 2 months)
Over 700 games, although only about 5 decent ones.
Arazona sunshine, synth riders, superhot

Soldato
OP
I would like to try Arizona sunshine. Just hate those gimmicks where they make you put your credit card details in in the hope that you forget to cancel it, hate supporting that nonsense.

Soldato
I would like to try Arizona sunshine. Just hate those gimmicks where they make you put your credit card details in in the hope that you forget to cancel it, hate supporting that nonsense.

A gimmick? It's a great way to test something out without having to pay for it. If you don't like it cancel, if you do it like keep enjoying it without any interruption.

Soldato
OP
If you have to put your credit card details in to something, it is not really free. They are hoping you forget to cancel, as a fixed percentage of people will surely do, plus people who die and get sick etc (you know the whole global pandemic thing?).

Plus when they get hacked, your credit card details will be gone too. I think I'll just stick to buying games, like Superhot and Alyx.

The subscription model is a way for but companies to shift their risk on to you so that you pay for their bad games as well a their good ones. Not for me.

Soldato
If you have to put your credit card details in to something, it is not really free. They are hoping you forget to cancel, as a fixed percentage of people will surely do, plus people who die and get sick etc (you know the whole global pandemic thing?).

Plus when they get hacked, your credit card details will be gone too. I think I'll just stick to buying games, like Superhot and Alyx.

The subscription model is a way for but companies to shift their risk on to you so that you pay for their bad games as well a their good ones. Not for me.

LOL what a bunch of nonsense arguments, when you get hacked and when you die :rolleyes:

If you get sick you will have a lot more to worry about than the £12.99 a month coming out of your account and if you die then it won't be a problem for you anymore.

So you have never paid for anything online by credit card? And you don't have any ongoing subscriptions like Netflix? Sky? Amazon Prime for example? All these can be hacked. Or do you think that it's only companies that offer Free Trials for subscription based gaming that get hacked?

Free Trials are great and if you keep an eye out you can get some amazing deals. I got Arizona Sunshine and Subnautica for free on Viveport using one of their Free Trials. Currently have the xbox game pass using the free upgrade to ultimate. For the price of 12 months of Xbox live, I have 18 months of Xbox Ultimate.

Subscription gaming might not be for you, but it's far from the gimmick you are making it out to be.

Back
Top Bottom