Resident Evil 3 (r3make)

Soldato
Yes, I am in the same boat. It wasn't the best of the series by a long shot and asking for full price for such a short game is a joke. I love the fact they have remade them but for them to essentially want full price for a 21 year old game with new fancy bits is a pity. I am sure I said they should remake 3 and sell it as DLC for RE2 Remake and that would have been fine. Yes they have done a great job with the graphics, atmosphere and new game mechanics but not adding additional content for such a price will probably hit them hard with sales and make even their die hard fans (Me included) think twice about purchasing from them in the future.

Soldato
Huge RE fan but I think I'll either rent this or wait for a sale on PC. RE3 was never my favourite in the series and £50 for 5 hours is a bit harsh. I thought they'd have done more with it. Doesn't sound like all that faithful of a remake.
I really think it’s more of a case that they have been too faithful to the original which was very short.

Caporegime
You can complete pretty much all of the Resident Evil games in sub-5 hours with only minor knowledge of the environments really. It's about the quality of those 5 hours as well as the replayability of them.

I haz 4090!
Don
I really think it’s more of a case that they have been too faithful to the original which was very short.

Yep :(

After the quality of RE2 I wanted them to do more with 3.

You can complete pretty much all of the Resident Evil games in sub-5 hours with only minor knowledge of the environments really. It's about the quality of those 5 hours as well as the replayability of them.

RE2 has both scenarios that you can replay multiple times though. I have RE1 and 2 in my list of games I replay every 18 months or so, but RE3 has never been in there for me.

Time will tell I suppose. I'll buy it at some point and reserve final judgement for then.

Soldato

Yes, you probably can if you have played it before, know where everything is and know how to defeat the bosses quickly, manage your inventory for upcoming events and enemies etc. But a first play through for most players enjoying the game, getting to grips with the mechanics, taking in the work gone into it, story aspects etc should not be less than 10+ for a full price game imho. it sounds like reviewers have played it though in about 5-6 hours on the first go.

Soldato
I was always planning to pick this up when it dropped to around £20, nothing's made me change my mind.

Currently playing RE2 again, this time on hardcore with Claire 1st run, I've completed them all on normal. Playing through hardcore now as I have the infinite ammo weapons, such a brilliant game.

The RE games are currently on offer, which others remakes/ports are worth getting? I've got RE4, completed that numerous times.

Soldato
RE4 is my fav, that said I also like 5 with Chris and his boulder punching skills. Meh, if you are stuck at home get 6 and the Revelations ones as well. They are, or were, very cheap at the moment for some RE fun!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
RE4 is my fav, that said I also like 5 with Chris and his boulder punching skills. Meh, if you are stuck at home get 6 and the Revelations ones as well. They are, or were, very cheap at the moment for some RE fun!
Those are like the worst ones for me and at the bottom of my list :p

Soldato
5 is pretty good. Has a co-op element and you can play with a friend. More action orientated but I still enjoyed it. 6 is not great, more focused on action rather than suspense/puzzle/survival horror. The Leon campaign isn't bad but the rest are pretty meh.

The first Revelations game was pretty good imho but the second wasn't as good. But if you are looking for stuff to play through that have a reasonable story and are a bit of fun then they are good for their cheap price.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
5 is pretty good. Has a co-op element and you can play with a friend. More action orientated but I still enjoyed it. 6 is not great, more focused on action rather than suspense/puzzle/survival horror. The Leon campaign isn't bad but the rest are pretty meh.

The first Revelations game was pretty good imho but the second wasn't as good. But if you are looking for stuff to play through that have a reasonable story and are a bit of fun then they are good for their cheap price.
I only ever completed all those games once. Never felt like touching them again. I would not play them even if they paid me a tenner or whatever it costs to buy now. Waste of time as far as I am concerned. I am replaying the original RE2 at the moment and only completed the original RE3 yesterday. Much more fun to replay these, imo anyways :D

Soldato

lol! 4 was very good, but a step away from the original premise of the series, i enjoyed 5 as an action game, but a further step away and the less said about 6 the better! 7 started to feel like it was coming back to its roots.

Soldato
I've actually been playing through 5 again this last 3 or 4 days in anticipation of the r3make.

Good fun, lots of shooting and action, but hardly "survival horror" any more.
But massive negative points for any game that forces you to have an AI partner :(

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I've actually been playing through 5 again this last 3 or 4 days in anticipation of the r3make.

Good fun, lots of shooting and action, but hardly "survival horror" any more.
But massive negative points for any game that forces you to have an AI partner :(
Yeah, that was not a good resident evil game imo.

They should have done it in a way where you could play alone or co-op and not force an ai partner.

Soldato
OP
The first remake still remains the best “survival horror” in the series. Flawless. :) the mansion setting is super creepy, even when I replayed it last year on PS4. Gameplay still holds up too.

Soldato
So, started playing it now. Yay !

Don't really have any opinions to share yet, but wanted to ask if anyone else thinks that some of the posters and shop signage in-game is a little too 'cartoony'?
It's just really jarring and absolutely does not fit the grittiness of rest of the game.

Caporegime
Is it just my joypad going duff or are there a lot of times in this game where the controls just don't respond? particularly when pressing L2 to target.

Back
Top Bottom