It's too hot :(

Soldato
I leave my heating on all year and just drop the temperature that it kicks in a bit in the summer so it definitely won't do so. Given the email from Hive I get each month says that all summer my house was warmer that other houses with Hive heating in the area despite it not being on.

Tend to prefer the house to be around 18C when I'm awake and preferably a few degrees cooler overnight.

Soldato
Always give my heating a blast most weeks in summer, I fix my own boiler (it's an oil burner but I get a guy in to do the flame settings ect)
Reckon it helps (and my heating man agrees) to work out the diverter valve ect and circulate the inhibitor,,
Managed to DIY a pump, circuit board, timer, diverter valve head in the past, but things much better with regular use

Don
Sunday is forecast to be 20C and sunny near London. As the weather gets nicer it is going to make isolation a lot less fun.

For some, nicer weather will make it far more tolerable. I'm dreading the days / weeks where I can't send the kids to play outside in the garden every day. We'll all go crazy stuck indoors all day!

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Bought a portable air con (pro breeze 9000, 350 quid incl. window kit). Didn't want to invest in proper fitted stuff as we're hoping to move I. A couple years

It's noisy as hell, couldn't sleep with it on. Nor do conference calls. Seems all the decent portable ones are around the 60db range. But it is far more effective that I'd assumed. In direct sunlight the other day did 24 down to 18 in about 20 mins.

Hoping it'll do to blast the bedroom down for a couple of hours before bedtime.

Back
Top Bottom