Help me guys! Gagging to install my new pc parts but have no usb drive/cd drive.

Associate
Ok so I’ve ordered some new pc parts and they’ve arrived today, new motherboard, ram and cpu (ryzen stuff)

I’m going to be using the same ssd that windows is on now, my problem is a have no usb at hand and this is my usual way of installing windows by booting from usb. Is there anyway I can format the ssd and still somehow install windows without having a usb drive, any help is appreciated!

cheers

Soldato
Is your current o/s Windows 10?

If it is you might be alright just booting into the existing install with the new hardware and cleaning out your old drivers. Windows 10 is pretty good at handling hardware changes compared to earlier iterations of Windows.

Associate
OP
It’s windows 10 yeah.. I’m going from Intel to amd though? And a whole new motherboard cpu and different ram.

will I still be able to format to a fresh brand new once the new parts are in? Windows has seemed a little dodgy lately (I think it’s because it’s been the same install for moths)

Soldato
It’s windows 10 yeah.. I’m going from Intel to amd though? And a whole new motherboard cpu and different ram.

will I still be able to format to a fresh brand new once the new parts are in? Windows has seemed a little dodgy lately (I think it’s because it’s been the same install for moths)
I went from Intel to amd worked fine
Yes you can format later I have

Back
Top Bottom