Bye bye Dark Skies

Soldato
So what was arguably the best weather app on Android is about to disappear. The reason? Apple bought them out. This app was brilliant at lunchtimes as you could check whether you'd need an umbrella before heading into town. But now I need to find an alternative. Any suggestions?

Associate
I've canceled my subscription in protest :rolleyes: It was due to renew in May and they're pulling the android version in July anyway.

I use a few but default to Weather Forecast UK (paid) and also Rain Radar. Also Flowx as my job often depends on what the weather might do. Dark Sky was good but won't miss it.

Associate
i use 1weather app i was looking for ages darksky was the top but i read it was going as bought by apple so i settled on that one and it is very actuate in my area at least spot on in fact. has a nice app nice widgets ect i paid for it was very cheap.

Some of the features.

forcast/daily/weekly
precipitation(chance of rain-hourly-daily)
humidity
Wind
uv
visability
dew point
presure
radar
Sun and moon(sunrise/sunset)
and various other things

Last edited:
Soldato
Unfortunately haven't found anything similar. I think everyone thats recommending generic weather apps are missing the point of what makes DarkSkys so special. I don't care or want all the features like humidity, pressure, radar etc. I only use DarkSky for 1 reason and thats to tell me when it rains and how long for. I would get a notification like' Light rain in 5 mins' and in 5 mins it would rain, also includes the duration how long the rain will last. I don't want a weather app where I have to go hunting for this information.

Associate
Unfortunately haven't found anything similar. I think everyone thats recommending generic weather apps are missing the point of what makes DarkSkys so special. I don't care or want all the features like humidity, pressure, radar etc. I only use DarkSky for 1 reason and thats to tell me when it rains and how long for. I would get a notification like' Light rain in 5 mins' and in 5 mins it would rain, also includes the duration how long the rain will last. I don't want a weather app where I have to go hunting for this information.

Well people have tired to help you with the weather apps they use but i do not think you will find much of a weather app like that anymore. you will either have to move to iphone or just face the facts you have lost the feature you want .
I did read in another thread they have extended support until august so you jsut might be in luck and the might choose to let it stay on android. i very much doubt it though.

A shame though i would love a feature like that tbh. if you do mange to find one let us all know please.

EDIT : just found this.
Rain Alarm
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.mdiener.rain.usa&hl=en_GB

Back
Top Bottom