Best Hosting Providers?

Associate
Arite Folks,

My old mans hosting has come up for renewal and I thought I would ask what everyone else is using right now?

Looking to host a few simple websites and the odd wordpress install. Ideally UK based and as cheap as possible but reliable.

Cheers

Pho

Pho

Soldato
When I was looking into it the other year both Krystal and EUKhost were well recommended. I ended up with EUKhost as it worked out slightly cheaper for my use case or something.

Used to use Vidahost/Tsohost but they went rubbish from what I hear after selling out to GoDaddy. Shame.

Soldato
Krystal.

Couldn't recommend Vida/Tso/Godaddy from what our customers that migrate away from them have to say but never heard a bad word about Krystal, definitely a company that cares about reputation and will look after you though.

Associate
Hi Dez!

Dedicated server:
I use "Kimsufi" it's a subcompany of OVH : https://www.kimsufi.com/en/servers.xml
I pay like 7€/month for KS-1.

Simple Hosting :
I also have some domain name/simple hosting directly with OVH.
For Web Hosting (php/wordpress) and domain name it will be 40€/year.

The only thing is, their servers are based in France or Canada.

So if with you Website have a ".co.uk" and you mainly target people in UK, forgot OVH/Kimsufi.

If your customers come from "everywhere" and have a .com domain name, why not ? It will didn't change much in term of SEO.

ps : I'm based in Ireland, and they provide worldwide support. I never had any issues for probably more than 7 years.

Soldato
I've used Ionos (used to be 1&1) for years now for both WordPress and .NET and not had any issues. As far as I know they have servers in many countries including UK

You might want to check your billing, they automatically add things to your bill such as 'out of date' php and charge you for it without telling you.

We moved all our hosting and domains to a mixture of 20i and Krystal and can't fault 20i however Krystal's own DNS hosting you still can't delete records and support have to do it for you.

Associate
You might want to check your billing, they automatically add things to your bill such as 'out of date' php and charge you for it without telling you.

We moved all our hosting and domains to a mixture of 20i and Krystal and can't fault 20i however Krystal's own DNS hosting you still can't delete records and support have to do it for you.
My bills haven't changed for years. I pay £5.99/month for a Windows host,5 MySql & 5 MSSQL databases, 100 mailboxes. I pay £17.98 every March and September for two domains (which includes the 5.99) and haven't seen anything odd. In fact, I'm on updated servers now running PHP 7 etc.

Last edited:
Associate
Ionos here as well. Was with Vidahost but for what I was needing it became a bit pricey, Ionos are very reasonably priced IMO and never had any issues with them either.

Back
Top Bottom