Any opinions on the BEST case for watercooling?

Soldato
I'm just wondering if there is any consensus on what case is the best for a water cooled build? I know Caselabs used to be regarded by many to be the best but since they no longer exist i'm curious to know if another company has picked up where they left off.

Thanks

Soldato
Too subjective a criteria. Water-cooling is just one parameter and there are so many others to take into account.

Really need to know what you're trying to cool and whether you're concerned about aesthetics, performance or silence (or any combination of those).

Soldato
OP
Hard to beat phanteks 719
Is this hypothetical?
Or you actually want to buy a case?

It's mostly hypothetical at the moment as I have a Lian Li 011 that suits my needs. However, if I want to upgrade to some monster setup with 4 rads (including 480mm rads) i'd need a larger case.

Associate
@Mcnumpty2323 I have the 719, I want to Finnish buying my water cooling parts tomorrow (hope you see this in time) but I can't tell if I will be able to fit a 360 in the top and a 360 in the bottom along with the 480 that is 38mm thick that I have already bought for the front. Well, I think they will fit but I want to have my fans for the 480 on the inside of the case so that I can keep the dust filter. Do you know if this is possible?

Soldato
@Mcnumpty2323 I have the 719, I want to Finnish buying my water cooling parts tomorrow (hope you see this in time) but I can't tell if I will be able to fit a 360 in the top and a 360 in the bottom along with the 480 that is 38mm thick that I have already bought for the front. Well, I think they will fit but I want to have my fans for the 480 on the inside of the case so that I can keep the dust filter. Do you know if this is possible?
Will fit
Though the bottom rad you have to be careful of the width
Not the thickness the size from side to side
Standard width fits but is tight due to door hinge
Something like an xe I think it is will be slightly wider and won't go in

Associate
Thanks for the heads up. I had noticed the width space in there, It seems to be 120 and a half mm. I won't use the XE, probably a PE or maybe another brand. So just to clarify, my 480 38mm thick rad in the front. I can put the fans on the inside and still fit a 360 top and bottom?
Thanks for the help.

Soldato
Thanks for the heads up. I had noticed the width space in there, It seems to be 120 and a half mm. I won't use the XE, probably a PE or maybe another brand. So just to clarify, my 480 38mm thick rad in the front. I can put the fans on the inside and still fit a 360 top and bottom?
Thanks for the help.
heres mine
thats 480mmx 60mm in push/pull on the front
i could just squeeze a 360mm on the bottom too though was tight
but changed it to a 240mm as wanted to mount the pump/res there
as didnt have the bracket to mount it on the rad handy
7fR6nhV.jpg

Associate
Ah brilliant, thanks for the info. The 719 is such a great case and it is so cheap for what you get. This will be my first hard tube build. This will keep me occupied while I am off work due to the covid19.
Haven't built a rig since the 5930k was released and I am disappointed that I can't spend hours and hours testing overclocks now that Nvidia GPU's and AMD CPU's don't OC very much.
Perhaps, when I get the GPU block on I may get a bit of an OC.
Thanks again.

Soldato
Ah brilliant, thanks for the info. The 719 is such a great case and it is so cheap for what you get. This will be my first hard tube build. This will keep me occupied while I am off work due to the covid19.
Haven't built a rig since the 5930k was released and I am disappointed that I can't spend hours and hours testing overclocks now that Nvidia GPU's and AMD CPU's don't OC very much.
Perhaps, when I get the GPU block on I may get a bit of an OC.
Thanks again.
You're welcome
Enjoy your build :)

Soldato
It's mostly hypothetical at the moment as I have a Lian Li 011 that suits my needs. However, if I want to upgrade to some monster setup with 4 rads (including 480mm rads) i'd need a larger case.

Corsair 900D or 1000D?

I’ve had a 900D for a number of years now. It’s looking a bit tired in places but it is an excellent case for both modding and watercooling. Plenty of custom parts on coldzero for it. Mid plates, backplates, covers windows, mounts etc.

with a bit of fiddling my previous build had 2x 480mm’s and a 240mm. Although I’m pretty sure you can get a 240/360 in the front of the case as well.

Old 900D system:-
1CBp5l2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom