The Division 2 - March 2019

Soldato
Just got back into this after a long break, did a few hours of warlords - seems fun, gearing seems massively improved which is great. A clan going still or is that side of things pretty much dead?

Soldato
This game has more sodding maintenance than an MMO. First the normal 3hr maintenance, then an hour on top of that and now another hour.

It's every tuesday morning weekly with occasional midweek hotfixes if required. For the most part it's not an inconvenience due to work, if I'm not working I usually don't bother checking until mid afternoon as it usually overruns. Better than some other games where they do it on a Friday evening!

Associate
Really enjoying playing this game - I've worked through the basic stuff now i'm trying to get all the mods & blueprints. After side missions/projects, anyone got any tips on how to get the rest?

Soldato
Just been doing a Lv.4 Control point. It was taking ages, got about 3/4 of the way through it and BANG, a massive group of enemies just spawned right on top of me and proceeded to rape me into next week. No doors, vans or containers were nearby, they just materialised out of thin air. I ******* hate it when **** bugs like this are allowed to stay in the game due to laziness. Had one yesterday where a three guys with shields and axes actually chased me up a building, they didn't use the rope like I did - oh no, these guys just vaulted up the entire building in a single bound with said axe and shield still in their hands and one-shotted me at the top.

Associate
Last edited:
Man of Honour
Just been doing a Lv.4 Control point. It was taking ages, got about 3/4 of the way through it and BANG, a massive group of enemies just spawned right on top of me and proceeded to rape me into next week. No doors, vans or containers were nearby, they just materialised out of thin air. I ******* hate it when **** bugs like this are allowed to stay in the game due to laziness. Had one yesterday where a three guys with shields and axes actually chased me up a building, they didn't use the rope like I did - oh no, these guys just vaulted up the entire building in a single bound with said axe and shield still in their hands and one-shotted me at the top.

This is why I never bought TD2 - after on the one hand they denied/deflected from long standing bugs in TD1, many of which wouldn't take long to fix or at least work around, and on the other hand said because of them it wasn't worth spending more effort on the game over working on TD2 then had many of the same bugs in TD2 never mind new one... fool me once and all that.

Soldato
This is why I never bought TD2 - after on the one hand they denied/deflected from long standing bugs in TD1, many of which wouldn't take long to fix or at least work around, and on the other hand said because of them it wasn't worth spending more effort on the game over working on TD2 then had many of the same bugs in TD2 never mind new one... fool me once and all that.

I know right, I mean how hard is it to adjust a value or two so that enemy pistols. subguns and shotgun don't have a greater range and a greater accuracy than a sniper rifle? Just today, well yesterday if we're being pedantic, I was in a battle and my sniper rifle was not hitting due to range, I was going to do a quick cover > cover move to get closer and BLAM, as soon as I peeked to see where everything was I got tagged for 1.1M armour and 75% of my health by the same enemy that I couldn't hit with my sniper rifle.

And on the off-chance you get a reply from UbiSoft about bugs like this they say it's 'working as intended'.

Soldato
Ubisoft have banned loads of players for using the damage glitch , to say there is a storm on the Division 2 forums would be an understatement ! Hope no one here used it :D

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2209594-Banned-after-1500-hours-of-gameplay!!

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2209650-PR-disaster

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2206424-People-shouldn-t-be-banned
I've never seen such high concentration of salt. Thanks for that it made my morning.

Soldato
Yep it was a glitch people exploited and are now complaining about being suspended for a week (these aren't really bans). Maybe next time don't exploit? It's not like it was a glitch that could occur randomly during gameplay you had to actively go do it.

Associate
For everyone crashing on DX12 this fix practically eliminated 99% of crashes for me, running vega64 and ryzen 3600x.

From Reddit

When playing on DX12 I was crashing about once every 30 minutes. Until I did some digging around for certain fixes. One that has worked for me and I played for 6 hours without crashing.

1: Find the location of your 'TheDivision2.exe" application

2: Right click it and Select properties

3: Click on the Tab labeled "Compatibility"

4: Check the box that says "Disable full screen optimizations"

5: Click on "Change high DPI settings"

6: Check the box that says "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by."

7: Select "Application" in the drop down box. Click ok

Then make sure next time you boot up Division that DX12 is on and that you restarted the game.

Hopefully this helps some of you with the constant crashes. The frame rate boost is so important with DX12 to enjoy it more.

[EDIT] - Make sure that your Steam overlay and your Ubisoft Overlay are turned off.

Soldato
Soldato
reloaded for the new DLC.

i can confirm that all DX12 stuttering which prevented me using DX12 mode at launch has now dissapeared in addition, my radeon navi is now knocking out a consistent 100fps at 1080p.

Soldato
I know right, I mean how hard is it to adjust a value or two so that enemy pistols. subguns and shotgun don't have a greater range and a greater accuracy than a sniper rifle? Just today, well yesterday if we're being pedantic, I was in a battle and my sniper rifle was not hitting due to range, I was going to do a quick cover > cover move to get closer and BLAM, as soon as I peeked to see where everything was I got tagged for 1.1M armour and 75% of my health by the same enemy that I couldn't hit with my sniper rifle.

And on the off-chance you get a reply from UbiSoft about bugs like this they say it's 'working as intended'.

It was worse before TU8 but there are still improvements to make. I run full red chc/chd build and tardigrade as I think over 900k ish armour is wasted given how quickly they break it. At least with my CHC/CHD build the TTK is fairly quick and my Tardigrade loadout gives me some survivability.

Back
Top Bottom