Resident Evil 3 Remake

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It does seem to be getting a lot of heat from reviews and rightly so, it looks as if they rushed it out, a shame with all the cut areas, and a multiplayer mode that not many will care about
I don’t know why they insist on multi player as they have no idea how to get it right and it always seems to get slated. I am only interested in single player.

Soldato
Don't know why they insisted on MP and left out stuff like Mercenaries.

It's a reimagining, they should've taken their time to expand upon the original and add stuff but they just cut things out and it simply doesn't help a game that doesn't have two protagonists, the B scenarios, bonus modes and is on top of that shorter than 2.

It looks great but appears very shallow.

Caporegime
Reviews say there are no decisions anymore and therefore no multiple endings, clocktower and park have been cut, apparently there aren't any bonus modes either and the game is shorter than RE2 with Nemesis being relegated mostly to cutscenes later on.

Think I am going to boot up my GameCube and give RE3 a bash to see just how much has changed. RE2 was pretty faithful overall. If there is no clock tower does that mean Carlos doesn't have to find a vaccine?

Soldato
Soldato
I'm almost finished Resi 2 play through as Leon, not sure I will go through the game again with Claire... maybe but I'm not sure I can handle Mr X the second time round :D , really really enjoyed it and looking to have got around 12 hours out of it or so. Will definitely pick this up but only when it has dropped in price. I'm sure it will still sell well.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I just completed the original Resident Evil 3. Took about 5 hours. Was a quality 5 hours though. All set and looking forward to the remake now :D

Might just go play the original Resident Evil 2 while I am at it to see if it still deserves the top stop on my list. Resident Evil 3 still keeps it's place above Resident Evil 2 Remake for me. As I said before, they changed too much and added to little to that game, otherwise it would have made the top spot probably.

Soldato
Reviews say there are no decisions anymore and therefore no multiple endings, clocktower and park have been cut, apparently there aren't any bonus modes either and the game is shorter than RE2 with Nemesis being relegated mostly to cutscenes later on.
I have a feeling they might have rushed it out the door after public opinion of the multiplayer game was poor, so they could bundle them together. Shame they didn't spend a bit more time on it and improve on RE3 as RE3 was already a super short game and I remember it getting some poor reviews at the time owing to its short campaign length.

Soldato
I remember binging on the original back in the day, it came out around the same time as Dino Crisis (another game in the same vein), and another game I binged on.

Loved it and I remember being completely stressed with Nemesis whenever he was on the screen.

Looking forward to GMG releasing my key.

Soldato
Caporegime
I'm almost finished Resi 2 play through as Leon, not sure I will go through the game again with Claire... maybe but I'm not sure I can handle Mr X the second time round :D , really really enjoyed it and looking to have got around 12 hours out of it or so. Will definitely pick this up but only when it has dropped in price. I'm sure it will still sell well.

You can buy unlimited weapons off the store for £1.59 atm. Doing my claire walk through with rocket launcher atm :p

Soldato
I've S-ranked both Leon A and Claire A on Hardcore recently and did one run of Claire B for Frugalist and Minimalist and I didn't even get to use the weapons I unlocked in the end:p
I think it's time to do a run with some infinite weapons:D

It was still very fun and I think I went through the game like 5 times and there are still extra modes and stuff to unlock.

I doubt RE3 will give me that as even the positive reviews mention it's around 5h with minimal replayability. I've seen the demo and apparently it covers practically the entire city area. I'll wait for players' impressions and a price drop and then maybe get it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It was still very fun and I think I went through the game like 5 times and there are still extra modes and stuff to unlock.
Yeah, I have completed it so many times now I lost count. Only have 2 or 3 achievements left to unlock and they are based on the extra modes which I will get to in the future :D

This is why I think I will get more than my moneys worth out of RE3 Remake also. We will soon see.

I doubt RE3 will give me that as even the positive reviews mention it's around 5h with minimal replayability. I've seen the demo and apparently it covers practically the entire city area. I'll wait for players' impressions and a price drop and then maybe get it.
Geez, I hope not. What were they thinking?

I would take 1-2 extra hours of SP rather than the MP they have tacked on. I hope after this they get the message, leave multi player alone and stick to putting the effort into the single player campaign. If they want to do multiplayer then it should be done as a separate game and they should put a lot more effort into getting it right as thus far they all seem to be rubbish based on reviews.

I will let you know how I get on soon. No doubt I will have completed by Monday :p

Soldato
Geez, I hope not. What were they thinking?

I will let you know how I get on soon. No doubt I will have completed by Monday :p

The consensus seems to be that if you saw the demo, you saw 99% of the city section unfortunately, with some alleys reserved for the, uhm, "cinematic" sections. That's why I doubt I'll get anywhere close the replayability of 2 here. I love short, very replayable campaigns with multiple variables, outcomes and unlockables but if it's very short and not really worth replaying then that's another story.

The RPD in 2 alone was more complex and interesting than the entire demo area in 3, great looking as it was.

That's why I loved the new Hitman games, you could literally complete a level in 10 mins and then do it 20 times over getting different results, unlocks and achievements. Resi 2 gave me that feeling in microscale at least:p

Back
Top Bottom