Blood pressure monitor - suggestions for larger arms

Soldato
Hi all,

I need a blood pressure monitor so I can monitor daily for my GP from home.

Looking on Amazon and the large arms seems to come in up to about 12 inches but I need one for 15-16 inches.

Don't want to break the bank as it is only going to be used for a few weeks.

Any suggestions on monitors that fit that arm size? Or can you recommend a larger cuff to fit any monitor?

Must be some fitness people on here with much bigger arms that use them.

Commissario
google blood pressure cuff :)
There are a bunch of results for up to about 18" but i'm not going to link to anyone as i don't know how reliable the companies are.

You may need to buy the monitor and cuff separately as I suspect most "ready" to use kits will have the average size cuff.

IIRC they should work as I believe they're often a standard fitting to the hose/device (although different manufacturers may use different standards, as they are wont to do).

[edit]
Amazon seem to have some monitors with cuffs up to around 42cm (16") if not larger, you need to read the descriptions on some of the units a bit lower in the listings
For example this unit (not a recommendation just an example) for £30

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure whether they'd let you get one or if they're working prescriptions only but I'm in a similar situation and I found a larger cuff (listed as up to 17") at a Lloyds chemist shortly before the whole shutdown thing started.

Back
Top Bottom