Roads are dead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
My colleagues commute is 180ish miles round trip and mine is just over 100, it's not out of the realms of possibility that it could be a commute.

Don
My colleagues commute is 180ish miles round trip and mine is just over 100, it's not out of the realms of possibility that it could be a commute.

I know - I had to make the decision to tell one of my staff to work from home, as although they would be more useful actually at work (and we work in food distribution so are classed as key workers), a 200 mile round trip commute is still pushing the "essential travel" in my opinion.

Soldato
Boy some people seem to think everyone can work from home unless you are a heart surgeon or something.

I wonder how the country is still running all those people that need feeding, electricity/heating supplied to homes, I guess it must be magic how it all continues.

Soldato
Boy some people seem to think everyone can work from home unless you are a heart surgeon or something.

I wonder how the country is still running all those people that need feeding, electricity/heating supplied to homes, I guess it must be magic how it all continues.

Nope, it's not magic. Those people are just considered essential workers and their travel to/from work is consequently thus.

Going for a drive just because you're bored, isn't.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Stating why you are driving 200 miles?
I pretty much did many posts back...
There are many reasons people may be travelling 200+ miles under these guidelines, other than being a heart surgeon.
Medical care: “Any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.”

Work: “Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home.”
...I feel I fall within these guidelines :)

Thread was clearly designed to aggravate people.
Haha not at all, didn't realise we had so many people so easily worked up :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a tight arse so took the 911 to Sorn and the Aston is Sorn until the hot weather begins anyway so both 'fun' cars off the road until this sorts it self out, that leaves me with my F10 520d which isn't a huge deal of fun, I am still classed as an 'essential' worker but haven't yet needed to not work from home as of yet. Do miss going for a drive though!

Associate
I'm a tight arse so took the 911 to Sorn and the Aston is Sorn until the hot weather begins anyway so both 'fun' cars off the road until this sorts it self out, that leaves me with my F10 520d which isn't a huge deal of fun, I am still classed as an 'essential' worker but haven't yet needed to not work from home as of yet. Do miss going for a drive though!

As above really, Noble now declared SORN and down to my plucky little 182 for any essential driving (none really). Did have a fun little peddle of that to the supermarket and back the other day, felt faster than I remembered so can only imagine how insane the Noble will feel to drive again after all this time :D

Soldato
As above really, Noble now declared SORN and down to my plucky little 182 for any essential driving (none really). Did have a fun little peddle of that to the supermarket and back the other day, felt faster than I remembered so can only imagine how insane the Noble will feel to drive again after all this time :D

:cool::cool:

Soldato
Whilst I'd certainly be tempted right now for a blast, I'd still only do it on my way for essentials.

And the earlier assumptions aren't obtuse at all with morons everywhere. I've seen enough fools almost write their car off, that's before the roads started to look like an empty race track.

Depends if you have to push the car home or not :p

You must be pretty fit by now! :D

If the OP's race car does break down whilst say 40 miles from home.. :rolleyes:

But hey, speaking to some is like speaking to a brick wall. There's plenty I've heard going for a blast around here.

Soldato
You can go to work and for food, nothing says you can't take a 100 mile detour to get there. Or how much you have to buy :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom