Online will kit?

Soldato
Given I work in ITU and A&E and we don’t have very good PPE I thought it may be a good idea to make a will.

Can anyone recommend me a good online kit I can download. I don’t mind paying.

Soldato
Given I work in ITU and A&E and we don’t have very good PPE I thought it may be a good idea to make a will.

Lots to consider here - https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/free-cheap-wills/

Get one done properly if you can (difficult time I know) - Unless your situation is super simple I would avoid a "kit".

Lots of local solicitors/lawyers to me do free wills with a small donation to charity they support.

They try to upsell Power of Attorney etc for additional cost but that's up to you.

Soldato
that does help :p ,i know i have one from way back but dont know if theres like a database of wills somewhere ,i know all the addresses will be out of date ,my ex will get the house for sure as we are joint owners and both left each other as beneficiarys (tenents in common is it ,well the split down the middle one )

Soldato
i was thinking about this ,also if i leave my banking details to my kids can they legally access it after i snuff it with my permission ?

Yes and no.

Normally your accounts will be frozen whilst probate is granted and then it'll be administered by whoever your appointed executors are.

Soldato
Don't go for any related to the Honey Group as they'll be cold calling you trying to sell you LPA's or Asset Trusts

Although, I just used a template and made my own. It's not a hard thing to do.

Just remember witnesses can't be people that benefit from it.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Surely the most pressing reason is that red dot on your forehead.

(Disclaimer: if you're Hindu there was no offence intended, it was a sniper joke :D)

Soldato
My partner and I have just done ours using Legal Wills UK, we looked at a few different options and this seemed to be the most comprehensive for a decent price (cheaper than Which with a few more options), situation for us is pretty simple, obviously if you're in more complicated circumstances you may need to talk to a solicitor

Soldato

With the amount of assets I'm pretty sure you have you shouldn't be doing a DIY Will.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom