Virgin Media Discussion Thread

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I wouldn't advise doing anything that could leave you without a connection at the moment
I would agree, but when we have our mobile phones and data from our contracts as a backup it is less of an issue. But depends on the individual I suppose. I know I will take the risk in a few months time when my contract is up. Worse case I just go with another company if they want to mess me about.

Soldato
Anyone know the best scenario on VM at two addresses? Currently living at one address and will soon be moving to a new address and will set up a whole new VM package (current one expired), but still want a VM package at the current address. Best to change name on account at current address to avoid any issues/set up a new account under a different name at current address?

Soldato
Im so annoyed with VM I dont know what to do.

I called up today to see what kind of deal I can get on a renewal which was due , After waiting a your for someone to pick up, she checks everything and tells me im in a contract till September turns out they put me in a new contract when i phone regarding the price increase, last year, the annoying part is I had to call back 3 times to sort out that issue, first time the discount never got added 2nd I get the right price and getting done but find out im in a new contact 3rd so I called back to tell them I dont want a new contact ended up paying more but though it was sorted.

after speaking to her it turns out they have nothing normally thy can tell me I spoke to someone before I spoke to someone on the chat ect,

she tells me I cant speak to anyone, they don't have a complains team, I cant email anyone I agreed to the contact.

after A back and forth she tells me I can cancel it for you I do that, when shes done she tells me you still need to pay the remaining months because your still in a contact

anyone have any suggestions

Soldato
Well you agreed to a new price so your entered into a contract, wait till September and chalk it up.
I agreed to the original price so they gave me a dicount to get it back to what it should be, nothing about a new contract, its not the first time they put the price up and then gave a discount after, its just the first time they put me in a new contract.

Last edited:
Soldato

I called up today to see what kind of deal I can get on a renewal which was due , After waiting a your for someone to pick up, she checks everything and tells me im in a contract till September turns out they put me in a new contract when i phone regarding the price increase, last year, the annoying part is I had to call back 3 times to sort out that issue, first time the discount never got added 2nd I get the right price and getting done but find out im in a new contact 3rd so I called back to tell them I dont want a new contact ended up paying more but though it was sorted.

after speaking to her it turns out they have nothing normally thy can tell me I spoke to someone before I spoke to someone on the chat ect,

she tells me I cant speak to anyone, they don't have a complains team, I cant email anyone I agreed to the contact.

after A back and forth she tells me I can cancel it for you I do that, when shes done she tells me you still need to pay the remaining months because your still in a contact

They need to prove you entered into a new contract then.

Soldato
So update on my situation, still having ping spikes even with the reduction in power levels!

Weird that these ping spikes/packet losses are random and not consistent.

Soldato

Complaints process:

https://www.virginmedia.com/content...s/J3085_Code_of_Practice_UPDATE_v1_160819.pdf

But do you actually want to leave? And are you happy with your current deal? Or are you just raging at the principle of being tied to a contract without your knowledge?

Soldato
So update on my situation, still having ping spikes even with the reduction in power levels!

Weird that these ping spikes/packet losses are random and not consistent.
This is why I left Virgin. My average ping in games with BT is around a quarter to a third of what my Virgin Media ping was. 30-40 to <10.

Soldato
They need to prove you entered into a new contract then.

Complaints process:

https://www.virginmedia.com/content...s/J3085_Code_of_Practice_UPDATE_v1_160819.pdf

But do you actually want to leave? And are you happy with your current deal? Or are you just raging at the principle of being tied to a contract without your knowledge?

Thanks I managed to find it and sent them a message yesterday with all the issues I have had.
I had a call back today, the agent told they got my email and apologized about the issues i've had ect.
The guy was polite but not too interested in the issues I had emailed about but more interested in getting me to sign again offering me basic deals and reminding me of the reasons I should not cancel.

I did asked him about cancellation and remaining contract, he said I would not need to pay the remaining contact but I have nothing in writing.
He did not bother with the other issues I had not getting the referral credit, poor wifi, I should have asked him.

To be honest I dont really want to leave for a few reasons, 1. I wont have internet for a few months because no one is offering installations which will have me going insane in isolation, 2. I wont be able to get the same speeds from others 3. installation fees if I move.

Yes im raging more with the issues ive been having with customer services.
The principle of being tied to a contract without my knowledge, Not getting the referral credit from 2 new customers, and my wifi never getting sorted, CS just not caring in one ear out the other.

As long as I an get a decent price and never need to ring CS then Im happy

Soldato
This is why I left Virgin. My average ping in games with BT is around a quarter to a third of what my Virgin Media ping was. 30-40 to <10.

Can't even get hold of them now, zero response to messages and phone just cuts off saying all the centres are closed (doesn't make mention of that online though...)

Should have gone FTTP but can't even order that at the moment...

Soldato
Can't get a hold of Virgin?

Their call centres are probably swamped after yesterday's mis-price faux pas. They accidentally sold 100Mb broadband for £10/month instead of £24. The mistake wound up on HUKD, so loads of people signed up. Then they changed everyone's price to £42/month. So there's a long queue of people phoning to complain about that.

Soldato
Can't get a hold of Virgin?

Their call centres are probably swamped after yesterday's mis-price faux pas. They accidentally sold 100Mb broadband for £10/month instead of £24. The mistake wound up on HUKD, so loads of people signed up. Then they changed everyone's price to £42/month. So there's a long queue of people phoning to complain about that.

Ah that would explain it then...

I've found out what my issue is, the local node (or at-least the first node that shows up on trace route) is the one dropping the packets/causing the huge ping spikes.

Soldato
So, I've recently moved house and saw that VM was available in this area. I signed up to the 200 meg deal for £34 a month as a new customer, and the deal came with a free mobile Sim, 5gb data and unlimited calls and texts. Seemed like a good enough deal, everything went smoothly, and not really had any issues with the service. I notice however that instead of charging me £34, I've been charged £68 - the lady did mention that the first months bill would be higher but this would even out in the following month.

Aside from this though, I'm being charged £12 a month from virgin mobile, two payments taken so far!?! I tried ringing them the other day, and after around half hour on the phone I got through to a proper waste of space who transferred me to someone else. Another half hour wait and this guy seemed to be even more clueless saying you have to speak to someone else, transferrred me again. After 10 more mins I just gave up. Iv gone onto my mobile banking and cancelled the virgin mobile direct debit, which I never agreed to in the first place. I can't even get through to anyone so what's the best way to contact these idiots? Any other steps I should take? Thanks.

Soldato
So, I've recently moved house and saw that VM was available in this area. I signed up to the 200 meg deal for £34 a month as a new customer, and the deal came with a free mobile Sim, 5gb data and unlimited calls and texts. Seemed like a good enough deal, everything went smoothly, and not really had any issues with the service. I notice however that instead of charging me £34, I've been charged £68 - the lady did mention that the first months bill would be higher but this would even out in the following month.

Aside from this though, I'm being charged £12 a month from virgin mobile, two payments taken so far!?! I tried ringing them the other day, and after around half hour on the phone I got through to a proper waste of space who transferred me to someone else. Another half hour wait and this guy seemed to be even more clueless saying you have to speak to someone else, transferrred me again. After 10 more mins I just gave up. Iv gone onto my mobile banking and cancelled the virgin mobile direct debit, which I never agreed to in the first place. I can't even get through to anyone so what's the best way to contact these idiots? Any other steps I should take? Thanks.
Im not sure if it will be any help to you but I managed to get a call back after sending a complaint, The person I spoke to was not really interested in anything other then getting me to sign a new contact but maybe you could cancel if nothing else is possible.

Back
Top Bottom