Thinking about iPad Pro, worried about bending

Associate
I’m thinking of picking up a new 2020 iPad Pro today, I’m just worried about the bending “feature”. I seem to see a lot of posts online with people having slight bends, I don’t mean out the box I mean through use.

I understand they’re probably quite fragile being that thin. But I was wondering if anyone here has bent theirs or if they’ve help up without any issues?

Any help to ease my mind would be great.

Associate
Had my since July a 2018 11 inch. No bending issues whatsoever. Before the current COVID 19 situation I used to slap mine in my bag with my hard shoes, a 2 litre bottle of water and bounced around on the motorway for 32 miles 4 times a week.
Use it every day and it’s fantastic.

Soldato
I bought my 12.9" in Feb 19 if I recall correctly and at the time I too was concerned about bending as it was being reported everywhere. I haven't had such issues and I have mine in a 'soft' case. I take mine to work in a messenger bag that has a hard nylon chopping board inserted into it that is the same size as the ipad. It allows for rigidness and stops any potential flexing as I head to/fro work.

The grade of Alu being used in these new ipads is definately not the same as the previous iPads 1-4 that's for sure. It is way easier to scratch for instance.

Associate
I have the older version of this, and through normal use with a structured case mine has bent. I did bend it back in the other direction to straighten it though.

The structural integrity of these is terrible sadly.

Back
Top Bottom