Project Whurple - White/Purple Watercooled Build - Changes to 3d printer build!!

Man of Honour
OP
Before.

ZjfNmVT.jpg

After. 6 months.

YsyHYiV.jpg

It's really not worth it. It's not as simple as just doing a flush either, you have to take all of your stuff apart to get the residue out.

Exciting but sadly too late. I have ordered the world! The world I tell you!! Also bendy insert is here!!! Just gotta have a play with it later tonight!

Man of Honour
OP
Daisy (one of my little fluff balls) and I, we bent some stuff:

As you can see from the bend my silicon insert is not right, although it claimed to be 12mm it clearly isn't, it's 10mm for sure! 12mm has now been ordered.

Man of Honour
OP
Would also like to add that I ordered a 3d printer. If we are going to have some fun then we may as well 3d print some stuff along the way!

Soldato
She is one that I rescued when my two were in at the vet getting ops at 6 months old. She is a beautiful cat.
good for you mate
mines a rescue too,couple of woman druggies
were using him as a football
yet hes turned out the gentlest cat i have ever had
not the tiniest bit of spite in him despite being
kicked in the head and stuff by them

Associate
The cat's adorable! And the valve is a lovely piece of engineering..

What 3D printer did you get? I guess that's not part of the build cost? :p I keep toying with the idea of getting one but I feel like they're still a bit finnicky. Was attending a 3D printing lecture and I was just overwhelmed by the sheer amount of varying factors that come into play which can impact the quality of your print. :eek:

So now I usually just get a mate to print jobs for me instead :D.

Man of Honour
OP
The cat's adorable! And the valve is a lovely piece of engineering..

What 3D printer did you get? I guess that's not part of the build cost? :p I keep toying with the idea of getting one but I feel like they're still a bit finnicky. Was attending a 3D printing lecture and I was just overwhelmed by the sheer amount of varying factors that come into play which can impact the quality of your print. :eek:

So now I usually just get a mate to print jobs for me instead :D.

Dunno its another £75 China special :) We will see when it gets here!

Soldato
Loving my Ender 3 Pro.
I keep toying with the idea of getting one but I feel like they're still a bit finnicky. Was attending a 3D printing lecture and I was just overwhelmed by the sheer amount of varying factors that come into play which can impact the quality of your print.
It's not as bad as you think. It's quite daunting at first, especially ensuing you've built the thing properly to start with, but if you take baby steps a lot of it becomes second nature quite quickly.

Man of Honour
OP
You sure owe that guy in China a few beers :D:D

Looking forward to it! Does it come with the 3D printing material as well? You're going to have loads of fun with that methinks!

It comes with some printing materials as well as all the bits I need to build it. Look it isn't going to be the best one there is but for £75 notes (everything in china is £75) its going to be awesome!

Soldato
It comes with some printing materials as well as all the bits I need to build it. Look it isn't going to be the best one there is but for £75 notes (everything in china is £75) its going to be awesome!
3d print something nice to go on the psu shroud ~nice font whurple for example
You good with cad?
Tried it a few times anything but a cube etc was my limit lol
Swear it's the softwares fault though lol

Associate
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if comes out of the same factory as the "branded" ones. For me it's having the imagination to come up with enough stuff to print! I'm sure you've got some grand plans for it :D

I know what you mean McNumpty. Lucky for us there's a huge amount online of premade stuff we can just go to print with! I tried doing a google home mini mount for the kitchen but the designs either needed a huge print surface or a super high precision printer. I'm sure the right one will come along soon, or I'll just make one myself :D

Man of Honour
OP
3d print something nice to go on the psu shroud ~nice font whurple for example
You good with cad?
Tried it a few times anything but a cube etc was my limit lol
Swear it's the softwares fault though lol

No major plans for it but I want to print a thing to hold my electronics for my epoxy thing. Then I thought I can print some things for the pc as well. I also have a friend that is making a massive model railway and im going to make the pub in 3ds max and paint it all for them :)

And yes, I spent years designing things in MAX and then importing it to Director and creating games so the modeling side of things shouldn't be all that tricky.

I have 10 items still waiting delivery including the damn chairs which I have been messed around on like you wouldn't believe. Should have been delivered Friday but after many calls they are telling me delivery in July... So that just won't do and I have now ordered them somewhere else.

Last edited:
Soldato
And yes, I spent years designing things in MAX and then importing it to Director and creating games so the modeling side of things shouldn't be all that tricky.
Shout out to Director, may she rest in peace. My bread and butter for almost a decade.

MAX has a native STL export so you should be fine. I recommend Cura for slicing the STL for printing. Holler if you need a hand setting anything up when it arrives.

Man of Honour
OP
Shout out to Director, may she rest in peace. My bread and butter for almost a decade.

MAX has a native STL export so you should be fine. I recommend Cura for slicing the STL for printing. Holler if you need a hand setting anything up when it arrives.

Director was awesome and it was so easy to import Havok it was silly! Man I miss that!

Back
Top Bottom