Borderlands 3

Soldato
There is an event on this weekend, loads more loot from killing enemies.

Even little enemies are dropping legendary weapons.

Also there is code for 10 free keys.
C3KTJ WF9SK F9F6H 56TT3 CZ6FR

Associate
Has the game suddenly started freezing up for anyone else? I got the game around launch and the game was smooth at 1440p on medium settings with around 90 FPS but now it's basically unplayable on a 5700xt and 2600x.

Last edited:
Soldato
Has the game suddenly started freezing up for anyone else? I got the game around launch and the game was smooth at 1400p on medium settings with around 90 FPS but now it's basically unplayable on a 5700xt and 2600x.

Performance seems to be getting worse for me each time I play. I am seeing 45fps sometimes at 1440p on a 3900X and 1080Ti. It's absolutely shocking!

Soldato
Has the game suddenly started freezing up for anyone else? I got the game around launch and the game was smooth at 1400p on medium settings with around 90 FPS but now it's basically unplayable on a 5700xt and 2600x.

Performance seems to be getting worse for me each time I play. I am seeing 45fps sometimes at 1440p on a 3900X and 1080Ti. It's absolutely shocking!

Mine is playing fine im at around 80-100fps 1440p 120hz HDR with 9700k-gtx1080 but I do find the further I progress through the game the more effects are on the screen at once so more settings need turning down (im level38 now)

Most the settings on the game don't do much you can turn quite a lot of them down and within a few mins of playing you can't tell the difference.

In the nvidia control panel you can also change the texture filtering quality to performance for a boost in fps but it looks a bit rough.

I will upload video of my settings.

Last edited:
Soldato

performance is certainly dropping with each expansion- they are either adding new graphical effects on top of the old ones or new ones with no optimization

2080ti here, can maintain locked 144fps at 1440p in the main game but the first expansions dropped that a bit

Soldato
performance is certainly dropping with each expansion- they are either adding new graphical effects on top of the old ones or new ones with no optimization

2080ti here, can maintain locked 144fps at 1440p in the main game but the first expansions dropped that a bit

They have always struggled with optimization.

I don't think they see a problem with people playing their games at 20fps. Not sure if you ever tried battleborn, that was atrocious optimization. I remember bl2 on console split screen felt like it was hitting single digits at times.

Thanks man, I do admit I run it absolutely maxed out but on a 1080Ti I don't see why I shouldn't be able to honestly. It looks significantly worse and runs at about half the frame rate of Doom Eternal!

For me this game is all about the HDR effects, IMO this game is in a league of it's own when it come to HDR.

I have lots of hdr games but this is the only one that seems to make full use of the new colours and the nitts that a high quality HDR screen is capable of.

Looking at a light bulb feels like looking at a light bulb, it burns your eyes. Standing in front of a fire lights up the living room like you have a real fire going. The florescent neons look like they are coming out of the screen.

If someone comes round my house this is definitely the game to put on to show off what the tv can do.

Every single effect in this game is in HDR and just has a crazy glow that just lights up the room.

Soldato
There's a hardware unboxed video re performance I think. Like most games it's the fog effect amongst one or two others that tanks fps.

Yeah I just turn the fog off, you soon forget it was ever there.

Also this game has a few settings that look exactly the same on ultra and high. The ultra version justs rendering stuff further away than you can see.

Associate
I have lots of hdr games but this is the only one that seems to make full use of the new colours and the nitts that a high quality HDR screen is capable of.

Looking at a light bulb feels like looking at a light bulb, it burns your eyes. Standing in front of a fire lights up the living room like you have a real fire going. The florescent neons look like they are coming out of the screen.

How about the white screen at the end of the New-U station spawn animation? It's blinding! :eek:

EDIT: Or is it the fast tavel that does that? Whichever one it is, IT HURTS!!!

Soldato
How about the white screen at the end of the New-U station spawn animation? It's blinding! :eek:

EDIT: Or is it the fast tavel that does that? Whichever one it is, IT HURTS!!!

Yeah that white flashes on and off is great. They really understand HDR and how peak brightness and sustained windows work.

There is some of them glowing tubes on the maxxi dlc as well that are just crazy intense make you instantly frown.

The tubes seemed to be designed in such a way that they can achieve the maximum peak brightness your screen can handle.

They really have deep understanding of HDR and built the game around it. Unlike every other game where it feels like HDR was just an after thought.

I like the way you can turn all the UI and map right down to 0.25 HDR so it stays dim in the background allowing your weapons and elements to get all the HDR brightness. It really makes all the difference allowing the stuff around the middle of your screen to really glow and pop off the screen.

Also the game doesn't have all the balancing act between HDR sliders that other games have. You just set it to 1000 nits and turn the ui all the way down and your all set.

I also boost mine with contrast enhancer on max.

Back
Top Bottom