LG OLED C9 as a PC monitor - Yes, I'm crazy, Yes time to get some burn in.

Associate
Yeah and one also will get a better/higher PPI on the 48 incher. But that also true, pay more for a smaller screen is kind a dumb. But the upcoming (2020) model 48 will do 4K @120hz. The C9 only do it in 1440P right ?

Soldato
Yeah and one also will get a better/higher PPI on the 48 incher. But that also true, pay more for a smaller screen is kind a dumb. But the upcoming (2020) model 48 will do 4K @120hz. The C9 only do it in 1440P right ?

the 9 series support 4k@120 but as there is no HDMI 2.1 capable hardware to use it, yet.

Associate
Cant wait for the RTX 3080 or whatever they call it so we can move to 4k/120 :) I keep going back to 1440p when I play shooters and such but 4K is really where it`s at on the desktop and games I care for graphics wise, but 60hz is not so bueno so until now 1440p it is.

5a6pEof.jpg

Also thanks @aoaaron for your guide, it`s really healpful for all the plugins and tweaks to prolong the life of the panel.

Last edited:
Soldato
So how far back are desktop users of the c9 sitting?
Still considering one of these but the furthest back I can be from a normal position is about 42 inches (3.5 feet / 106cm) with my current desk.

Associate
Awesome screen. Man do I want one OLED :D
And now with nVidias fantastic DLSS2, we surely are in for a ride. Even my RTX 2060 Super have no problem with 4K with DLSS2!
You just gotta love nVidia for everything, they are so friking best ..LOL!

I know where my money will go: OLED + Ampere = Real NextGen :D

Soldato
So how far back are desktop users of the c9 sitting?
Still considering one of these but the furthest back I can be from a normal position is about 42 inches (3.5 feet / 106cm) with my current desk.

I'm about 6ft back from it, it's mounted up fairly high on the wall too so maybe adds a bit extra distance... I only really use it when I'm watching netflix or playing with a pad ;) Nice and chill.

Associate
I sold my last (and very first) TV more than 20 years ago. And I don't watch regular television at all, but with the boom of the streaming services and improved gaming (at least visually), and now with the damn COVID-19 lockdown, I started to crave one. You know, "Choose life. Choose a (freelance) job. Choose a career. Choose a fu**ing big television." :)

It's a budget killer for me, but boy, do I want one. My main concern is the possible burn-in using subtitles (the one thing I can't do without). I hope a few episodes from a favorite show in a row are acceptable, mixed with occasional gaming while avoiding long sessions at all times. Thanks for the great review, aoaaron.

Associate
I see people talking about addons and tweaks.
Any tips for vivaldi or chrome browser?
I know the adress and tabs bar are damaging the panel long-term but i am not good enough in css to hide those in vivaldi... (don't know if it is possible with chrome actually)

Soldato
Are many thinking of a 48 cx oled as there next monitor? Thinking about it myself. I have a 77c8 as my main TV but having a 48cx oled specifically for my pc monitor is very appealing.

Back
Top Bottom