Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Of course Trump is getting a bump. Boris is getting a bump in the UK even though IMO he was too late acting. The political toll will come later when we are coming out of this and there is time to reflect. There will be a political cost to pay.

Soldato
Maybe I’m wrong, maybe it’s the “echo chamber” but unless I’m going blind/deaf/hearing things I’ve seen Trump stance go from a “democrat hoax” to “painful two weeks” (240,000 dead) in a couple of weeks, is that not an about face, what am I not getting?

Im not a fan of Trump but I’d like to think I’m not completely gulable/stupid(I’m sure there are some that would disagree) so what am I missing?

He called the Democrats politicisation of the virus a hoax, not the virus itself.

Yes he did downplay the virus at the start, like most countries did. Early data didn't show much to get worried about outside of China, I think most predicted that it was mostly contained there

Tang0 may just have confused one figure, specifically for the handling of the virus (at the time) , for the general approval rating...

Trump’s Handling of Coronavirus Approved by 60% in Gallup Poll

I wasn't confused, I meant that figure you linked

I think Donald Trump is very popular and will no doubt win a second term.

I also think Donald Trump is an utter moron and anyone that thinks otherwise is a horrendous judge of character.

I guess you fall into that category.

I guess you fall into the judgemental ***** category

Commissario
Was the "politicisation" of the virus when the Democrats were calling it a potentially serious thing, whilst Trump was busy ignoring the warnings of pretty much every medical expert in the world?

I do fear your memory may be getting as bad as the dear leader.

Soldato
He called the Democrats politicisation of the virus a hoax, not the virus itself.

That sounds like politics not a hoax, given where the US is now with even Pence saying they are on the same path as Italy then it wasn’t a hoax at all.

Trump has sought to downplay COVID from the start with analogies from flu to car accidents, his position has pivoted.

Soldato
If the US weren’t facing a disaster than the democrats response could have been passed off but the US is facing a nightmare.

So the democrats calling Trump out wasn’t a Hoax it was a political opposition holding him to account

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Standard Trump Special Friends denying the truth and trying to rewrite history. Problem is trump lies so much he just constantly muddies the waters. Immoral moron.

There is footage above just after WW post and he is still in denial. Don't believe your eyes and ears I guess.

Soldato
Was the "politicisation" of the virus when the Democrats were calling it a potentially serious thing, whilst Trump was busy ignoring the warnings of pretty much every medical expert in the world?

I do fear your memory may be getting as bad as the dear leader.

Why did Trump get so much push back when he announced planes from China to be banned then? He was called a racist for doing that by Pelosi and Chuck. Explanation?

Soldato
Funny how they edited the video at his rally, just cuts to the bit where he says it's a hoax. What did he say before?

Here's what he said in full context

We are stronger, we are better, but while we are building a great future, the radical left Democrats in Washington are trying to burn it all down.

They have spent the last three years, and I can even go further than that, three years since the election, but we go before the election, working to erase your ballots and overthrow our democracy. But with your help, we have exposed the far left’s corruption and defeated their sinister schemes and let’s see what happens in the coming months.

Let’s watch. Let’s just watch. Very dishonest people. Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that right? Coronavirus, they’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, “How’s President Trump doing?” They go, “Oh, not good, not good.” They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa. They can’t even count. No, they can’t. They can’t count their votes.

One of my people came up to me and said, “Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.” That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was not a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.

…. even Snopes concurs he did not call the virus itself a hoax...

Soldato
Why did Trump get so much push back when he announced planes from China to be banned then? He was called a racist for doing that by Pelosi and Chuck. Explanation?

Where did they call him racist? Biden used the word "xenophobic" but its not clear what part of Trumps tweet he was referring to. Trump was calling it the 'Chinese virus' in that tweet and in a later tweet that Biden replied to he called it the 'foreign virus'.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...hecking-whether-biden-called-trump-xenophobi/

Soldato
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom