• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Vegaaaaaa! fightin'

x8gb-2160p-1024x1024.png.pagespeed.ic.19z4TLejxq.webp

https://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/dominic-moass/doom-eternal-pc-performance-analysis/
Yeah. 4fps difference between my card and a 1080Ti at the res I game :D

Associate
Thinking of getting a **B GRADE** RADEON RX VEGA NITRO+ 64 8GB HBM2 PCI-EXPRESS GRAPHICS CARD

I have a 5700XT in my main PC and have an 1600AF with an old GTX970 how is the Sapphire unit, would it run quite and be a nice upgrade?

Soldato
Thinking of getting a **B GRADE** RADEON RX VEGA NITRO+ 64 8GB HBM2 PCI-EXPRESS GRAPHICS CARD

I have a 5700XT in my main PC and have an 1600AF with an old GTX970 how is the Sapphire unit, would it run quite and be a nice upgrade?

Compared to the 970 it would be a HUGE upgrade, and it's stupidly quiet to boot, even when I run it full throttle at >340w it's still only near 1700 RPM which is barely audible. But if you go with some saner settings like nearer to 240w then it's going to get closer to 1400 RPM which means you'll never hear it above the noise floor of your house (unless you live in the woods somewhere), all while never exceeding 70 C. It's a beast of a card, one of the all time greats for sure. Now, is it worth it as B Grade? Up to you if you are comfortable with only 90 days warranty. I think I'd be more tempted by the 5700 XTs near £299 instead (also B grade) but it depends on a lot of factors (resolution, games, case airflow, PSU etc) and not to mention it's £50 more...

Associate
Compared to the 970 it would be a HUGE upgrade, and it's stupidly quiet to boot, even when I run it full throttle at >340w it's still only near 1700 RPM which is barely audible. But if you go with some saner settings like nearer to 240w then it's going to get closer to 1400 RPM which means you'll never hear it above the noise floor of your house (unless you live in the woods somewhere), all while never exceeding 70 C. It's a beast of a card, one of the all time greats for sure. Now, is it worth it as B Grade? Up to you if you are comfortable with only 90 days warranty. I think I'd be more tempted by the 5700 XTs near £299 instead (also B grade) but it depends on a lot of factors (resolution, games, case airflow, PSU etc) and not to mention it's £50 more...

That sound good! :) Have been reading a lot into the Vega 64 and it looks like a very good card once you under-volt it? The £50 difference would go towards storage. I have none left. I have a 5700XT in my main PC so am interested in trying the Vega 64. I take it the drivers and the slider options are all the same in the Radeon Software, will there be any missing features that the 5700XT has?

Thanks BTW I have always gone for nvidia so its nice to try AMD stuff its a lot cheaper than nvidia.

Soldato
That sound good! :) Have been reading a lot into the Vega 64 and it looks like a very good card once you under-volt it? The £50 difference would go towards storage. I have none left. I have a 5700XT in my main PC so am interested in trying the Vega 64. I take it the drivers and the slider options are all the same in the Radeon Software, will there be any missing features that the 5700XT has?

Thanks BTW I have always gone for nvidia so its nice to try AMD stuff its a lot cheaper than nvidia.

You definitely want to tweak a Vega, since you can easily get >10% performance (in my case with a Nitro even 20%) improvement, and usually even better power consumption. Drivers & sliders and all that, that's all the same. Even feature wise it's almost the same for the purposes of games (it used to be that Radeon Image Sharpening was Navi only, but it's now for all AMD cards). The only thing you might want to know is that Vega does poorly with 4K HDR youtube, so if you want to use it in an HTPC for that purpose I wouldn't recommend it (though 1440p HDR is fine). Afaik this is no longer a problem with Navi, and it also has better performance in streaming and the like (but I don't do any of it so I can't say exactly).

Soldato
I'm not drawing more than 200 watts with my nitro+. If I underclock it to 1500 and undervolt to 950mv i get around 1450 effective core clock and around 150-160ish watts drawn, thats with HBM at 1025mhz.

I can see why they all call Vega such a power hog /sarcasm. Best settings i've had edged out a 5700 in gears 5(won't be true for every game though) while still being underclocked on the core and heavily undervolted.

Associate
Not sure if anyone else suffers, but I still get blackscreen driver crashes when using web browsers. Thought the latest driver package had fixed it, but no...

Have now locked P5 as minimum state, and touch wood, fine for three days now.

Associate
Unfortunately my nitro+ is on the way back for RMA, kept having problems with one monitor going in and out of focus, also sometimes the monitors just would not power on.

Associate
The overall impression is positive the Vega64 runs cooler than my powercolor dual fan 5700XT and I would say noise wire on par if not quiter which I thought would not happen. Max 71c but pulling over 330Watts according to the Radeon overlay in-game. It is so far running around 15-20FPS per game slower, I am trying to OC the card, the Sapphire is a beast though, its a weapon LOL its built very well and weighs more than a small car!

Soldato
The overall impression is positive the Vega64 runs cooler than my powercolor dual fan 5700XT and I would say noise wire on par if not quiter which I thought would not happen. Max 71c but pulling over 330Watts according to the Radeon overlay in-game. It is so far running around 15-20FPS per game slower, I am trying to OC the card, the Sapphire is a beast though, its a weapon LOL its built very well and weighs more than a small car!

Yup i got one myself. It's the proper way to build a GPU. Quality through and through. I had good results from lowering the core clock from 1630 to 1600 and undervolt the p6 and p7 to 1000mv and 1025mv. I also lowered the voltage setting hidding under HBM to equal that of my P6 voltage, and i upped the power limit by 50%. If these settings works for you as well then you should see power consumption drop to around 200-230 depending on the resolution you are running and the card should perform a bit better overall.

Back
Top Bottom