Free theatre tickets - FREE FREE FREE!

Capodecina
Soldato
Hampstead Theatre and The Guardian will release live stream recordings of Mike Bartlett’s Wild, Beth Steel’s Wonderland and Howard Brenton’s Drawing the Line for free over the next three weeks.

Available to watch on hampsteadtheatre.com. The three productions will be made available, on demand, over three consecutive weeks as part of the theatre’s #HampsteadTheatreAtHome series.

Week 1, now until Sunday 5 April 10pm, will feature Mike Bartlett’s Wild (2016). Directed by James Macdonald, this darkly comic play explores the unexpected, bewildering, and life-changing consequences of challenging the status quo at a global level, inspired by the case of Edward Snowden, the American whistleblower who copied and leaked classified information from the US National Security Agency in 2013.

Week 2, from Monday 6 April, 10am - Sunday 12 April, 10pm will feature Beth Steel’s Wonderland (2014). Directed by the theatre’s previous Artistic Director, Edward Hall, this epic and witty drama takes a look at the clashing ideologies during the UK’s Miners' Strike of 1984–85 and presents the full sweep of the turbulent events that transformed the country.

Week 3, from Monday 13 April, 10am – Sunday 19 April, 10pm will feature Howard Brenton’s Drawing the Line (2013). Directed by the late Howard Davies, the play features a large ensemble, and tells the story of the chaotic partitioning of India in 1947 whilst celebrating the strength of humanity.

Thanks to the National Theatre and YouTube, you will also have a chance to see James Corden in One Man, Two Guvnors for one week from Thursday April 2nd at 7pm. This has been a smash hit in the West End and on Broadway - not to be missed!

This will be followed for a week each by Jane Eyre (April 9th), Treasure Island (April 16th) and Twelfth Night (April 23rd).

Open a bottle of whatever turns you on, sit back and enjoy the show :)

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
I have just finished watching Wild, I can't say that I was all that impressed - until the last few minutes.

I suspect that it was better "on stage" than on a 50" TV :(

Still looking forward to Thursday's Il servitore di due padroni :(

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Many years ago there was an advert where two guys were sitting in a Pub (for simplicity's sake let's call them Andy and Brian).

Andy got up to get in the next round and came back with two drinks; he covered Brian's eyes and told him to taste his drink; after much protesting he did taste his unseen drink and declared it to be excellent.

When his eyes were uncovered, Brian saw that it was Guinness and protested "Uuggghhhh, Guinness! You know I hate Guinness."

I have always thought of this advert as epitomising irrational prejudice, characterising people who are resistant to leaving their comfort zone and to new experiences ;)

Live a little people, nobody will know, of what are you so scared?

Soldato
Many years ago there was an advert where two guys were sitting in a Pub (for simplicity's sake let's call them Andy and Brian).

Andy got up to get in the next round and came back with two drinks; he covered Brian's eyes and told him to taste his drink; after much protesting he did taste his unseen drink and declared it to be excellent.

When his eyes were uncovered, Brian saw that it was Guinness and protested "Uuggghhhh, Guinness! You know I hate Guinness."

I have always thought of this advert as epitomising irrational prejudice, characterising people who are resistant to leaving their comfort zone and to new experiences ;)

Live a little people, nobody will know, of what are you so scared?

Perfect logic.

You’ll be the first of us to pop another man’s wedding vegetables in your mouth then.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
I hate James Corden, but I saw this live and he was actually pretty good.
Yes, I saw One Man, two Guvnors on stage and thought it was great.

I'm not sure whether people feel that Corden is "Marmite" or they just resent the fact that he makes people laugh and they make people cry?

For what it is worth, the NT Live presentation of Twelfth Night should be good as well - but Shakespeare is definitely Marmite.

Associate
I saw One Man, Two Guvnors through NTLive at the cinema and thoroughly enjoyed it and I am not a fan of James Corden.

My son is watching it now and enjoying it. Am I right that they are allowing repeat viewing all week until the next show is on?

Soldato
A Streetcar Named Desire was on National Theatre YouTube on Thursday. Filmed at the young vic with gillian Anderson. Was good, I imagine it’ll be on there to watch?

Associate
A Streetcar Named Desire was on National Theatre YouTube on Thursday. Filmed at the young vic with gillian Anderson. Was good, I imagine it’ll be on there to watch?

Yep, really hoping I get a chance to watch it. Looks like it runs to almost three hours so I mights split it over a couple of nights if I have to.

Back
Top Bottom