Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Associate
I love the fact you got burnt with an eBay purchase and then go and buy another second hand one :D - I'm really wary of buying electrical goods on there and if I did, I'd opt to go pick it up rather than have it delivered so I can see it in action etc.

At least your second is all good. I'm off walking in the moors this weekend so aim to get some good footage, it's great just being able to take the mini literally anywhere I go, even in its bag its easily transportable.

Yeah, I spoke with eBay and the representative was adamant that I was going to receive a full refund and even encouraged me to purchase another one :p I wanted it for Christmas so was impatient and bought another one while sorting out the first one. I paid on credit card so was protected. I did email the seller of the second one and ask a few questions and he came across as totally genuine so I took a gamble, which in this instance did pay off. I figured that any fundamental issues would be pretty obvious quite quickly. First flight was mainly hovering and slow down my road.

Yeah, I think I will purchase a rucksack to put mine in as carrying around a hardened case is somewhat annoying and attracts too much attention.

Soldato
The revenue they get from Amazon will pay to police it.
And I know I said I wasn't going to register, but I did (20/20 by the way) and I will share why.
If you did get the Police called out to your flying site. Because some misery decides your having to much fun, and makes up whatever reason. The first thing they are going to ask you for (regardless of validity of reported offense) is your registration and operators detail. If you cant supply them your in trouble, even if untill then you haven't done anything wrong.
If you turn round and offer your operators details then I'd say that would probably be the end of it.
Remote ID will be the same. Fine untill Joe Shmoe reports you for whatever, and you get asked as part of the routine.

Good thing the only drones I fly are all sub 250g 3" quads or smaller (even though they are capable of speeds in excess of 110mph)

Man of Honour
Anyone recommend me some 3d printer quadcopter projects? Not planning to race, more photography and tinkering orientated. I have experience with RC planes and helis. What are recommendations? There are a load of options on thingiverse but many are old designs.

fez

fez

Caporegime
How do I go about stopping some **** from flying his drone in a built up residential area. Its doing my head in hearing the whine of the drone for hours on end.

Back
Top Bottom