Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Soldato
I'm getting used to the game and controls a little more now. Not sure I can find another 4 seconds to catch Sp00n :(

Associate
I am struggling a bit with the setup of my wheel.

How can you make it 360 degrees full rotation, got kind of used that that in the other games I play?

Soldato
I'm getting used to the game and controls a little more now. Not sure I can find another 4 seconds to catch Sp00n :(

It's hard to give any specific tips without seeing your driving but some general tips;
Check your set up - the default set up for most cars won't be on the softest / fastest tyre and usually has about half a tank of fuel. I run the softest tyre available and 2 or 3 laps of fuel at most.
The Lotus has auto throttle cut but not auto blip so you'll need to manually blip on downshifts to keep the rear end stable
I find the Lotus also doesn't like coasting - even mid corner the car is more stable with a little throttle - potential differential setting issue but I cba to mess too much with set ups for these weekly events.
A general tip for all driving but really comes in to play here is focus on your corner exit - T1 especially. The earlier you can get on the throttle you'll make up time all the way to turn 5. This also applies to turn 7 (up hill right hander in middle of the lap) and the last corner.

Soldato
I am struggling a bit with the setup of my wheel.

How can you make it 360 degrees full rotation, got kind of used that that in the other games I play?

You might be able to get away with changing one or the other but probably the best way would be to go in your Logitech / Thrustmaster / Fanatec settings and set the wheel to 360 degrees. Then in game, go to your wheel settings and set them your wheel rotation to the 360 in game too.

Soldato
It's hard to give any specific tips without seeing your driving but some general tips;
Check your set up - the default set up for most cars won't be on the softest / fastest tyre and usually has about half a tank of fuel. I run the softest tyre available and 2 or 3 laps of fuel at most.
The Lotus has auto throttle cut but not auto blip so you'll need to manually blip on downshifts to keep the rear end stable
I find the Lotus also doesn't like coasting - even mid corner the car is more stable with a little throttle - potential differential setting issue but I cba to mess too much with set ups for these weekly events.
A general tip for all driving but really comes in to play here is focus on your corner exit - T1 especially. The earlier you can get on the throttle you'll make up time all the way to turn 5. This also applies to turn 7 (up hill right hander in middle of the lap) and the last corner.
Thanks for the tips.
I found the setup earlier today and have been playing with different things. I'm running slightly more wing and tyre pressure and I found with the Lotus it's better to be in a higher gear to exit a corner and let the turbo spool up to reduce wheel spin. Occasionally I really hook up a corner but putting it all together in 1 lap is tricky :p

Sorry if I got in your way/caused a few crashed earlier :)

Soldato
Thanks for the tips.
I found the setup earlier today and have been playing with different things. I'm running slightly more wing and tyre pressure and I found with the Lotus it's better to be in a higher gear to exit a corner and let the turbo spool up to reduce wheel spin. Occasionally I really hook up a corner but putting it all together in 1 lap is tricky :p

Sorry if I got in your way/caused a few crashed earlier :)

Changing the final drive to the lower ratio helps too but I didn’t find I was any faster with it.

Looking the trace too, you’re lifting up through the esses after turn one but you can take them flat out.

Don’t worry about :) You didn’t get in the way and all my crashes were my own doing.

Associate
You might be able to get away with changing one or the other but probably the best way would be to go in your Logitech / Thrustmaster / Fanatec settings and set the wheel to 360 degrees. Then in game, go to your wheel settings and set them your wheel rotation to the 360 in game too.

Thanks, will give it a go :)

Soldato
Looking the trace too, you’re lifting up through the esses after turn one but you can take them flat out.
The trace is helpful - I can clearly see you are carrying more speed out of all the corners. I'm braking a bit later in some of them which is hurting my exit speed.
I'm not quite flat through the esses yet - I need to work on my line.

Associate
Thanks for setting this up!

Just had a quick go, I'm glad i was the only one on the server as i was spinning out all over the place.

Love the track and car combinations so far, not driven any of it before so it is a good learning experience.

Apologies in advance if you see me bouncing across the grass towards you over the next few days :D

Associate
Thanks for setting this up!

Just had a quick go, I'm glad i was the only one on the server as i was spinning out all over the place.

Love the track and car combinations so far, not driver any of it before so it is a good learning experience.

Apologies in advance if you see me bouncing across the grass towards you over the next few days :D

I am new to it myself, having plenty of spare time at the moment it seemed like the perfect way to spend it :)

Takes some getting some used to, but I go my time in the Alfa down from 2.10 to 1.59 in a day or so - so does get easier for sure :) I've still got about 4 seconds to find, but small steps!

Stick in....

Associate
I am new to it myself, having plenty of spare time at the moment it seemed like the perfect way to spend it :)

Takes some getting some used to, but I go my time in the Alfa down from 2.10 to 1.59 in a day or so - so does get easier for sure :) I've still got about 4 seconds to find, but small steps!

Stick in....

Cheers Mike. I've not had a go in the Alfa yet - I'll give it a go.

Soldato
Hey guys, thought I would join (andy_mk3 in game).

Playing on Xbox controller so not going to see any amazing times I don't think :D

Edit: The 911 is hard work on a controller, lost it coming out the pits first time I drove it!

Managed to get a couple of timed laps in on the Alfa, around 2:03 I think it was.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys, thought I would join (andy_mk3 in game).

Playing on Xbox controller so not going to see any amazing times I don't think :D

Edit: The 911 is hard work on a controller, lost it coming out the pits first time I drove it!

Managed to get a couple of timed laps in on the Alfa, around 2:03 I think it was.

Excellent, stick in.

I am really enjoying it - getting better all the time as I practice more.

Back
Top Bottom